The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

50 years of the Brazilian Military coup d'état

aeromotacanucks

50 years ago a massive change on the Brazilian government took place...

under the fear of Soviet Communist the CIA gave resources to the military of Brazil remove a president from the power...

actually the famous John F. Kennedy planned himself a mass scale invasion of the Brazilian soil to remove the government from it´s position and install a "Pro-USA" government in order to stop the USSR expansion over Latin America...

the USSR had great achievements in Cuba. Kennedy and CIA were afraid if USSR continued his expansion Brazil would be the next and the Argentina making the entire South America under the influence of Soviet Union...

it was March 31, 1964.

Around Brazil the Generals joined to stop the communist...

and untill 1985 Brazil was ruled by Generals...

many people say it wasn´t a "coup d`état" but instead it was a "revolution". Many Brazilians called and still call the day as "the Revolution of 1964" saying that when the Generals took place Brazil gained order, discipline, respect and ways to improve the country.

during the Generals Brazil was a very safe place, actually it was so safe that people left their cars unlocked, walked at anytime anywhere. the police was severe, people arrested under torture just like CIA does today...

50 years ago Brazil changed forever...

now with the caos and an incompetent government people are starting to ask to the generals "come back".

this week and around the country people are asking loudly and clear "Generals the people are demanding discipline" and "bring the boots to the streets".

with the intense and severe lack of organisation and our democracy being proved ineficient and weak the country seems to be divided...

one group still think the Brazilian Democracy must be reformed and changed into a real democracy...

the other one thinks Brazil needs order and discipline and the only proved way to do that is with the Military discipline...

Guanabarasandbag.jpg

Golpe_de_1964.jpg

Kennedy_and_Goulart_review_troops_1962.j

Brasil_ame-o_ou_deixe-o.png

the slogan says "Brazil. Love it or Leave it"

Nixon-M%C3%A9dici.gif

Nixon and General Medici

Ditadura-Militar-Pinochet.jpg

380-MORTOS-E-DESAPARECIDOS-DA-DITADURA-M

especial5.jpg

censura-na-ditadura.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_military_government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Brazilian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

i just re-watched City of God the other day, is that an accurate depiction of what the favelas are like? or were like? i know it's "based on a true story" but it seemed like everyone was killing everyone else, everywhere, without any consequence.

i know the favelas are still bad, but how bad are they? would a military dictatorship just throw all these people in jail, or would they decide that its a systemic problem and "give them another chance" sorta thing?

i just re-watched City of God the other day, is that an accurate depiction of what the favelas are like? or were like? i know it's "based on a true story" but it seemed like everyone was killing everyone else, everywhere, without any consequence.

i know the favelas are still bad, but how bad are they? would a military dictatorship just throw all these people in jail, or would they decide that its a systemic problem and "give them another chance" sorta thing?

1st) Favelas=Gueto

2nd) considering our Military Government they did/would simply arrest the bad guys and kill all of them on the next day.

because for a Military Government "Jail" is too expensive. the criminals have to eat, drink, medical assistance, human rights, lawers. all this is expensive and non-sense if the guy is guilty of horrible crimes so why keep them alive?

the histories about "the dead bodies over the atlantic ocean" is because in Rio de Janeiro during the Military the criminals where simply killed and their bodies are left on the sea...

3rd) Favelas is what happen when the local government is stupid and incompetent. after the redemocratisation of Brazil the elected politicians didn´t understand how control the freedom of the population.

freedom also needs discipline. the system after the Military Government became weak and corrupt...

Archived