The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning VS Canucks Draft Picks

BurgerKing

What I like about Benning's draft history is that only in 2007 he got shutout. In many other years at least one decent player was drafted and in many other years he drafted multiple NHL players. Canucks got zip in 2000, 2002, 2007 and prob 2010. Many years they could only draft one decent player.

I think the two things in play are that he drafts decent guys and that the management directive is to play young players.

Even if a bit overrated means one or two depth NHL players a year in the draft, when you factor in a better ability to make trades and save cap on rookie contracts, this team is getting a hell of a lot better.

What I like about the bruins, which I beleive Benning will bring here is how they will trade a really talented guy if he doesn't fit with the team. They did that with Thornton in the past and recently Kessel and now Segiun, it's not so much about winning the trade, I don't think ultimately they will win any of the 3, but maintaining cohesive winning culture. I guess it's addition by subtraction.

You do realize that having a center, defensemen, and goalie who are all the elite of elite allow teams like Boston to trade away rediculous talents like Thornton, Kessel, and Seguin. The Seguin trade is going to pan out as a massive loss for Boston in the next 5 years.

Archived