The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliotte Friedman & Scott Oake join Rogers NHL broadcast team

Surprised at all the praise Oake is getting on this thread. People always seem to criticize him on basically every After Hours interview.

Oake dropped his level of professionalism down to its' lowest common denominator on the panel,..but was this all his fault? Same can be said of the After-Hours gig. His questions were fair enough, but those asked by his side-kicks...Hrudey & Weekes... were often lamer.

In the end, they were ALL pretty punchy, un-professional & annoying...constantly talking gibberish over one another,....EXCEPT for Friedman, who managed to stay above it all. Friedman consistantly adds good substance & insights, and I found myself paying way more attention to him, than the others. Even Kelly Hrudey was affected by the massive pull-out of talent, from infront & behind the cameras...as CBC's coverage of the 2014 play-offs drifted along.

Hrudey's pro-Alberta & anti-Canucks vibe,... had driven me far away as a fan, years ago, but he & PJ really bottomed-out during recent play-off post-game segments.

Archived