The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Ribeiro

He's older but not as old as Iginla and people wanted him. Granted Riberio is no Iginla.

Getting to the point though, would anyone sign him here, maybe for a year to test it out?

He's been an above 50 point player for the past 10 years, with the exception of last two years @ 47 &49 points. Not saying I'd like to see him signed but he could be our Seguin(party animal that straightens out after being moved). Desjardins is also a familiar face and Ribeiro's stats in DAL are impressive, granted he was much younger. I doubt we'd sign him even for league minimum considering the crap storm that would surround our new management but there are some compelling arguments.

A lot of people are mentioning Vrbata, personally between the two, I'd rather sign Vrbata mainly because he's bigger than Ribeiro and almost a year younger. That being said, Vrbata only scored 4 more goals than Ribeiro, had the same amount of assists in the same amount of GP. If a distracted, unmotivated Ribeiro can play almost as well as Vrbata, would it be worth taking a gamble trying to get him motivated, focused, and turned around? He'll be quite a bit cheaper than Vrbata. Seguin went from good to all-star, could this guy go from decent to great?

Flame on...lol

Archived