To NYR: Chris Higgins

To Van: 2015 2nd round pick

Tradearrow-10x10.png 2:

To a contender: Brad Richardson and Yannick Weber

Tradearrow-10x10.png 3:

To any team: Eddie Lack

I think the only place Higgins will waive his no trade clause to is the Rangers. He will be going back to his hometown and be reunited with his old coach. I thought at first that Higgins would only bring back a 3rd rounder, but after the TRADESarrow-10x10.pngthat have happened over the past few days I've come to realize that teams are overselling there players and it's working. Richardson is a pending UFA and with the emergence of Matthias and the hard working Dorsett, it seems that Brads time in Vancouver has come to an end. He could be packaged with Weber for a 2nd rounder to a contender for some depth help. We all love Lack, but Markstroms time has come in the NHL and he's ready for backuparrow-10x10.png duty, which is why we SHIParrow-10x10.png Lack out for another 2nd rounder.

At the draft:

To the team in the 12th overall selection: Canucks 2015 1st rounder plus a low 2nd rounder

To Van: 12th overall selection

The Canucks would have a 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders

Vancouver selects Mathew Barzal with its first pick

Thoughts?

Interesting idea trying to sell what has become obvious we dont need to contenders to build up draft picks to exchange for a higher pick, interesting move, if we could pull this off im all for it, though a lack of depth players may hurt us come playoff time but i dont expect us to do much then anyway, I hope but i dont expect.

This really depends on where we end up, if we pick it up and make to the 2nd round of the playoffs we may havve to give up on a gaunce or cassels as well to move up if we end up in the 20's.

Still i like the proposal, Virtanen, Horvat, Mcann, Barzal, Shinkaruk, Demko and all the others. That would be a real bright future to look forward to.

We are not getting Mathew Barzal. That is not happening.

Probably not Barzal but I think he has been injured and he dropped to between 14th - 8th, a lot can happen before the draftI.

I still think its a good idea to try and leverage 2nd round picks for a higher 1st round pick and snag up a skilled player who fell because of injury or team wants and needs not matching the projected draft rankings. Adding one more top 15 prospect to play with the likes of Bo and Virtanen would be big. We have enough middle of the pack players, lets start eyeing up some more skilled guys.

Benning tried to get Reinhart at the last draft, I wouldnt be surprised if he tries to create another package to move up again, Benning has shown he covets those higher pick prospects.

Tradearrow-10x10.png 1:

To NYR: Chris Higgins

Tradearrow-10x10.png 2:

To a contender: Brad Richardson and Yannick Weber

Tradearrow-10x10.png 3:

To any team: Eddie Lack

I think the only place Higgins will waive his no trade clause to is the Rangers. He will be going back to his hometown and be reunited with his old coach. I thought at first that Higgins would only bring back a 3rd rounder, but after the TRADESarrow-10x10.pngthat have happened over the past few days I've come to realize that teams are overselling there players and it's working. Richardson is a pending UFA and with the emergence of Matthias and the hard working Dorsett, it seems that Brads time in Vancouver has come to an end. He could be packaged with Weber for a 2nd rounder to a contender for some depth help. We all love Lack, but Markstroms time has come in the NHL and he's ready for backuparrow-10x10.png duty, which is why we SHIParrow-10x10.png Lack out for another 2nd rounder.

At the draft:

To the team in the 12th overall selection: Canucks 2015 1st rounder plus a low 2nd rounder

To Van: 12th overall selection

The Canucks would have a 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders

Vancouver selects Mathew Barzal with its first pick

Thoughts?

Trade 1: Higgins grew up cheering for the Islanders not the Rangers so I think he would rather waive his ntc to NYI than NYR.

Trade 2: A 3rd liner and a depth d-man can't get you a 2nd round pick especially since this years draft is loaded with talent.

Trade 3: IMO, I wouldn't trade lack yet cause he's still young and has potential to be a great goalie. He can eventually replace Miller in a couple of years.

Archived