The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Draft 2015 (3.0)

I believe to create a competitive contender in the next 3 - 6 years we need to start with defense.

Draft hardworking, physical, intelligent, and competitive defensemen such Nicolas Meloche and Caleb Jones. Along with fast, gritty, high potential puck moving D-men such as Vince Dunn and Mitchell Van Sompel. Then acquire some wild cards such as Veeti Vainio and Keoni Texeira. And let the boys develop for 3 - 5 years to become legitimate NHL professionals.

Continue to draft and augment our offensive squadron. Roslovic is a smart and skilled complementary players that works hard in both ends of ice and could slot into top 2 lines with some development. Roope Hintz is big, fast, smart, tenacious, plays the body, and is a winger with first line potential. Gustav Olhaver is huge and has proven an ability to score against kids his own age, but would need some serious work in Utica and is high risk.

Trades

Eddie Lack ---> Edmonton ---> 33 OA

Kevin Bieksa + Nicklas Jensen ---> Colombus ---> 34 OA + 58 OA

Chris Higgins ---> Wherever ---> 62 or 63 or 65 or 66 or 73 or 77 OA

Draft

23 (Nicolas Meloche, D) or (Jeremy Roy, D)

33 (Brock Boeser, RW) or (Jack Roslovic, C/RW)

34 (Vince Dunn, D) or (Noah Juulsen, D)

58 (Roope Hintz, W) or (Mitchell Van Sompel, D)

77 (Mitchell Van Sompel, D) or (Robin Kovacs, W)

114 (Caleb Jones, D) or (Ethan Bear, D)

144 (Veeti Vainio, D) or (Stephen Desrocher, D)

149 (Gustav Olhaver, LW) or (Pius Suter, C)

174 (Keoni Texeira, D) or (Nicholas Boka, D)

Switch Meloche and Boeser around.

I like it, plus what Gstank said.

Thanks. I agree, but I do not want to lose out on Meloche, as I think he has legitimate top 2 potential... But I do agree he will probably be available at 33.

Archived