The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could this happen?

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

If the d team is in possession and skates the puck into their own net on a delayed offside, it's still a goal.

It's gotta be a goal. 

But I don't actually know. Send your question to "ask the ref" or whatever that bit is.

Good idea, done, I’ll post if I hear back. 

21 hours ago, luckylager said:

Offside is negated once the defensive team takes possession though.

Found this from Jan 2, 2018: Last night the Devils had a goal taken away because they were supposedly offsides when entering the zone. After they entered the zone, St Louis regained the puck, turned it over while trying to break out, and then the Devils scored.

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Found this from Jan 2, 2018: Last night the Devils had a goal taken away because they were supposedly offsides when entering the zone. After they entered the zone, St Louis regained the puck, turned it over while trying to break out, and then the Devils scored.

Yeah, I didn't really word that post too succinctly.

If the devils didn't touch up it's still offside.

St Louis didn't skate the puck into their own net whilst the Devils remained offside though, which is the premise of your topic, right?

22 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Yeah, I didn't really word that post too succinctly.

If the devils didn't touch up it's still offside.

St Louis didn't skate the puck into their own net whilst the Devils remained offside though, which is the premise of your topic, right?

Correct, but how I read the rule doesn’t matter how the goal was scored, if it was offside it won’t count, hopefully i’ll get an answer.