The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Goodfellas

Rate this topic

BoKnows

On 2/17/2022 at 1:34 PM, AV. said:

After last game's disasterclass, nobody should be keen to vote out the big dawgs early on.  Maybe round 3 or 4 or some $&!#.

Trust me on this, one of the Liverpool/Manchester boys is where the focus should be.  You can just tell.  Criminal operatives, for sure.  BOOK IT.

Define big dawgs? Is this to say avoid lynching the most active and go for slankers or we should be leaving the veterans in the game and take out the inexperienced players? Either way this doesn’t seem very genuine.

• Like 2
On 2/17/2022 at 4:42 PM, g_bassi13 said:

I haven't played this for like 2 years, so don't expect any insight out of me for a round or two.

I might be reaching here, but I intentionally tried to play a similar card last game as mafia. The “don’t worry about me, I haven’t played in a couple years and don’t know what I’m doing” act.

In my experience Bassi is a good player and definitely capable of rational reads from the jump.

• Like 2
On 2/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, NotMyBurroughs said:

You, Aladeen vs falcon and myself.

We had a pretty awesome duel.

You and Aladeen auto vote me to start this game (let’s be real, a bit of joking or spite)

How is it weird to think, that of all games, this one might be a bit shorter for me.

Hard to gain trust after being caught lying so much :bigblush:

Again, weird you think it’s so weird

I actually side with NMB here despite hating that potential open wolfing comment regarding her and Aladeen being scum buddies.

Whether it’s the maf/Vig/SK, I can’t see NMB lasting more than a couple rounds after last games masterclass, too difficult to read at the moment.

• Like 2
On 2/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, Aladeen said:

You know what you dirty hookers? Y’all don’t love up on Aladeen!! Well fuxks that. I loves up on y’all and I gets no loves ib returns. I spread my love seed all over your screens and gice u Aladeen love juices for you. I don’t do it for me but for you. I don’t ask for no lovr seeds back but some of you does but then lewrs and burrs like it disrupts gameplay. Eat my churns like the gyspies yo area. 

im sorry I loves u all you can eat my chrum any way you wants it don’t haf to by like gyspes.

This post sums up the Deens game thus far. Unhelpful.

Sure he had a similar start to last game, but there is no doc this time around and a bunch of kill crazy specials compared to the last game which was vanilla. It’s crucial to be helping the town out early before he gets whacked by any party.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, AngryElf said:

Lame-o take but definitely sounds like it’s coming from a towny perspective. This sounds honest imo. I can post my schoolwork from this week and how I allotted my time though if it helps you realize just how stressed I’ve been, and why I can’t play much until reading break (upcoming week). 

I’m going to go back to this. Mafs a game of perspective, and you said yourself that you can see a difference in the beginning gameplay from guys like Lewt and myself. If you’re playing with more knowledge of who’s who, then I propose the idea that it’s much easier to account for each of the nuances in individual posts. I remember early game sh1tposts from Lewt last game, and I’m seeing the same thing now. I’ll need other perspectives on this, but if you can see a difference between them, I’d say you are quite likely to know too much, ala scum. 

Vote NMB 

I may end up changing this, but I think it’s a good starting point. 

My friend you had me as a town lock in R1 and R2 last game for being “helpful”

• Like 2
11 hours ago, AV. said:

AngryElf should live at least 1 or 2 rounds.  They have proven to be insightful and helpful.

This goes back to my previous comment questioning AV regarding keeping scummy players alive because they are more active than others. It just doesn’t make sense.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

That’s a lot of typing for essentially saying nothing. Also, what’s with the over drama in the beginning? I’m the only vote on you, and in fact, I’m the only one that seems to be pressuring you. I don’t see why you would be annoyed about the possibility of a mislynch when you really aren’t that close. I do have reads, as I’ve posted them on other players, but I’m also not gonna let you deflect the necessary attention you are getting right now.

I don’t trust you at this point, that said I don’t think you have enough attention to get lynched. And it could only be me this round but if gets the right eyes and attention on you, that’s good enough.

Townlock BJ

• Like 2
10 hours ago, AngryElf said:

Am I going insane? My intuition was that NMB is playing a lot more openly than last game, consistent with someone who may not have anything to hide. I gave my reasoning behind my vote on them in a previous post.

If anything, the player with similar gameplay to last game has been you: kind of snarky and fairly frequent short posts that can be disguised as activity. 

Again, the bottom piece doesn’t add up with your initial thoughts on my two rounds last time out

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Gonna sheep on BJaj’s read here. AE and snausage low key trying to get a feel for a BJ lynch without actually voting him is super scummy. 

unvote; vote snausage 

I freaking told you those Testideens are a hoax, even you’re not listening to them anymore!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’ve been trying to catch up this evening. I’ve been going over the case for Lewt particularly, because many opinions have him as scum. I don’t see him as scum necessarily or predominantly the obvious scum.  

His recent replies, even when being the lead of people’s POE, doesn’t strike me as scummy replies. It may be because he’s resigned to his fate(which can be a defeated scum) or it might be because he’s just feeling like he can’t make an argument that can get him out of the basement. I feel like his replies lean him a little more to town than leaning towards scum.  

It’s my opinion that we should be going after other slankers. There are several that I think are trying to hide in the first round. 

I’ll post my slank list in a bit after I pick up food. 

At the time I was heading towards the noose, this feels like a TMI post to get some credit in the bank after the mornings mislynch. I think this because again, the strange fixation in going after slankers in R1 returns.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

I can maybe see a world I'm which it makes sense to vote off a slanker in the perfect situation.

We always bite ourselves in the foot by not removing them early...But thats the point...We never do it and usually that's for good reason...We play with eachother enough that WE always 100% have 1 or 2 active players to go after

Towny by NIK.

• Like 2