The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

This has always been a no brainer for me. You take the younger goalie, who already showed great promise to be at the very least a starting goaltender in the NHL. Demko is not just a starter, he’s a star in his position. 

If I had to do that Markström and Demko situation all over again. I take Demko 10/10 times. I personally think he’s going to be better than Markström. He’s not this season, but again, he’s also much younger. I think he’ll get there. Especially if JR and Allvin can build a defense around him, and find a younger version of Tanev. 

spot on

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

What kind of player could he be for the Canucks? Is he an offensive kind of guy? Strong two-way player? So not offensively explosive, but is very good defensively? 

Swiss-Army knife.   So a good compliment to any line.   At his peak that will be in the top six.   Hopefully that means he's in their sooner then later but for sure see that happening.   Best part about him, he should be a great middle sixer... as his floor.   And late in his career a great compliment in the bottom six.   Some guys just play the game the right way all the time and thats what we have with Podz.   He's a puck hound.  He hits.   He's tough along the boards.   

And he will contribute on the score board all the way along.    And i think he's got some clutch in him why i bring up Claude Lemuiex.   Has some pest in him too.   Won't be long and players around the league will keep their heads on a swivel.    Mr Game 7 might also be something we can hope for.   

Look the guy has played most of the season.   He's a rookie.   Playing in a much better league then the KHL and absolutely doesn't look out of place.   And he's getting his groove on down the stretch.     At worst we have a 15/15 bottom six sort/PKer.    Think what we have for sure, is a 20/20 guy who when he's 25-32 might push 30/30.    Nothing wrong with that.