The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

Cause he is a complainer though i dont blame him he demanded a trade to get more playing time. And not to sound racist (cause im far from it) its cause hes East Indian its the same reason why players like Hansen and Kopitar slipped a bit they arent from a Hockey country though Rai is Canadian by NHL scouts eyes hes from India.

Hes such a joke though. I remember last training camp when they asked him about what he would bring to the canucks and the nhl and he said he was the complete package, that he could score, fight, skate, do everything well....hahahhaa made me laugh. It's like come on you little female dog, you're not going anywhere at anytime. You will never play for the canucks and is just an arrogant man who I would love to see play in the nhl and get worked over! not to be racist either, but i agree with the whole east-indian bit, as i dont think gms like it as much. Whenever i think of east indian hockey players, i think of arrogance! not being racist as i have nothing against anyone, but thats just my impression from being around the game a lot and having lots of buddies who are east indian. Hes a decent hockey player, but needs to get his head in the game and not let his head get so big. He shouldnt make statements like he does.

Good to know somebody can still post useful things on here. Prab's biggest knock on him is that he isn't that physical and isn't going to get dirty in the corners too much to make plays. With the way the NHL is going it suits his game which is speed and scoring off the rush. I think you can argue either way with him. From watching him develop in the last few years I know that he is focused and has put on some real size ie. Grabner. He trains in the off season with guys like Kyle Turris and Colton Gillies so I think he is going to continue to improve and hopefully have some great training camps the next few years.

Arg i knew that they were bad to compare with Rai i was just trying to explain that if ure from a non hockey background you are less likely to be picked. but you better believe that Hansen would have been atleast a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he was swedish and not from Denmark.

This is the most stupid follow up to the original post that I have ever seen.

Well what else should we expect its CDC it was a simple question about how the kid is doing, and hes doing great.

All these morons like the guy with the Canucks jerseys in his sig are fools. How can you say hes not going to play in the NHL when he is doing pretty good for himself in the WHL and he is 17 or 18 years old? These next 3 years will give us a better indication if hes going to make it or not. Where was Burrows at the age of 20 not even in the ECHL. People that write off draft picks because they are in the later rounds are dumb and should be slapped.

I honestly don't post on cdc very often and this is the reason why. This board is filled with people who think they are NHL scouts and GM's.

What a waste of my 5 minutes reading this post once again.

This is the most stupid follow to the original post I have ever seen.

Common on CDC it was a simple question about how the kid is doing and hes doing great.

All these morons like the guy with the Canucks jersey sigs are fools. How can you say hes not going to play in the NHL when he is doing pretty good for himself in the WHL and he is 17/18 these next 3 years will give us a better indication if hes going to make it or not. Burrows was not even in the ECHL at this point. People that write off draft picks because they are in the later rounds are dumb and should be slapped.

I honestly don't post on cdc very often and this is the reason why. This board is filled with people who think they are NHL scouts and GM's.

Seems to me Hansens 9th round pick doesn't have to do with his nationality, but more of the choice he made. He played junior in Sweden but CHOSE to go back to Denmark so he could play in a mens league and not a junior league. And also maybe to do with the fact he was weak on the puck (especially in a league where he should have been the better player) "Playing against larger and older players in Denmark's senior league was physically demanding, and because of his relatively light physique at the time, he was regularly knocked down by considerably larger defenders"

He then decided to play junior hockey over here at 19. A little too late if you ask me. So if he stuck with the Sweden juniors then came to play in the CHL, then yes maybe he could have been a 2nd rounder.

But in the end it was his decisions and not nationality like somebody mentioned here berefore.

This is the most stupid follow up to the original post that I have ever seen.

Well what else should we expect its CDC it was a simple question about how the kid is doing, and hes doing great.

All these morons like the guy with the Canucks jerseys in his sig are fools. How can you say hes not going to play in the NHL when he is doing pretty good for himself in the WHL and he is 17 or 18 years old? These next 3 years will give us a better indication if hes going to make it or not. Where was Burrows at the age of 20 not even in the ECHL. People that write off draft picks because they are in the later rounds are dumb and should be slapped.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I started the topic and more wanted to know if it would be worth driving 2 hours one way to see this kid play against the Blades in Saskatoon. You seem to know a thing or two at the very least, compared to all these other donkeys, you seen him play live at all this year, would it be worth going to see him?

As I understand what you are trying to say. But he did have the chance to play hockey in a hockey country but chose to go back to Denmark. A choice he made. If he was born into a hockey country then ya, those would have been his only options which would have been better for him. But in the end it was his choice and not a nationality thing.

So I guess we will just have to agree to sort of disagree :P

Archived