The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

kanucks25

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did anyone here have the balls to play... the one death and your character is unusuable mode?!

lol. I forget what it's called.

I would never try it. You know, you spend hours playing and the server lags out and the next thing you know, you're dead and your character is finished. :lol:

They've been consistently vague when asked if it'll have a subscription model which would lead me to believe that at the very least there will be some kind of tiered system if not full monthly subscriptions. Where the tier 1 would be free and could play some limited online (maybe max 4 players), then "premium" tier 2 account has a fee attached and gives things like participation in ladder rankings, "enhanced buddy lists", ability to name items (like the quest in d2), etc.

But their shareholders will definately be pushing for subscription based unless they can prove that free play is more profitable in some way (company is owned by shareholders, shareholders are there to make profit, not to make "fun/good games").

If D3 sold 20million copies at $50 each it would have $1billion in revenue.

If it sold 5 million copies at $50, and everyone played for only 12 months (at $15/month) it would make $1.3billion in year 1, with $75million per MONTH regular revenue (shareholders prefer the regular cashflow too).

So selling 4x less with a 3 year life cycle (conservatively low estimate) it would make 3x the revenue of free-to-play version ($2billion more).

I don't see how they could argue to their shareholders that they shouldn't use a subscription model. Keep in mind that the regular cash flow of WoW (roughly $150million/month) subscriptions was one of the main benefits to activision in merging with vivendi/blizzard. And the $2billion over 3 years difference in those above scenarios would be an extra 20% increase in activision-blizzard's TOTAL revenue... so that's pretty huge.

Being able to pay to resurrect your hardcore character makes it not hardcore anymore. Just makes it "buy a character" mode basically :-/

As for buying items/levels/etc giving an advantage... it doesnt matter. There will always be a "grey market" for people to pay for those things anyway (apparently a billion dollar grey market for online items/currency/leveling).

Like say my site: http://www.pcgameitems.com or the thousands of WoW gold selling sites, etc.

I think Diablo 2 actually makes some decent money for them... or at least it did for years after it's release. It came out 9 years ago and you can still find it for sale in almost every game selling store, so obviously it has been maintaining steady sales. I've also heard that it has popped up on the top 20 "best selling PC games" lists every few months... most likely after one of their "mass bans" when they ban 30k or whatever accounts.

I think Diablo 2 actually makes some decent money for them... or at least it did for years after it's release. It came out 9 years ago and you can still find it for sale in almost every game selling store, so obviously it has been maintaining steady sales. I've also heard that it has popped up on the top 20 "best selling PC games" lists every few months... most likely after one of their "mass bans" when they ban 30k or whatever accounts.

Are they going to add the feature where ALL your characters share one private stash so you don't have to constantly transfer items character to character?

Sorry if this was posted I just don't feel like browsing through 8 pages.

They are thinking of an easier way for people to do this. I remember A LOT of people use to e-mail them about losing their items trying to get them from one char to another. It'd save them and the players a lot of trouble if they made some sort of feature that solves this problem. Blizzard has talked about a shared stash between characters on an account. This would be very nice, IMO.

Yeah definitely don't use D2Loader now. Since the reset last year, it has been getting banned, but it wasn't for years before.

Right now, if I ever need another screen, I do have Diablo installed on two different computers (I have a lot of CD keys that were just given to me, although most are banned now :P).

The key to not getting IP banned is not to join a game too quickly, when i ran Meph runs once every 30 seconds (no lie, no bot) if i didnt wait 5-6 seconds before making my next game i'd get IP banned

It's cause Bots make games within miliseconds so Blizz watches how fast people make games

Of course, if you configured your bot properly like i did he would have a 5 second delay before making a new game, Hammerdin bot ftw, when i MFd myself i used an old-school 1.09 FO Nova sorc >.< she got the job done

The key to not getting IP banned is not to join a game too quickly, when i ran Meph runs once every 30 seconds (no lie, no bot) if i didnt wait 5-6 seconds before making my next game i'd get IP banned

It's cause Bots make games within miliseconds so Blizz watches how fast people make games

Of course, if you configured your bot properly like i did he would have a 5 second delay before making a new game, Hammerdin bot ftw, when i MFd myself i used an old-school 1.09 FO Nova sorc >.< she got the job done

Archived