The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Unless Grabner gets injured he's got a spot on the roster over Shroeder. Schroeder will have to pull a Sergei Shirokov and make the team that way and hopefully stay, which is very possible. I wouldn't say its his spot to lose, but it is definately his spot to gain.

We all know his rank fell due to his lack of size, but because of his offensive potential we had to take him. I'm extremely excited and think he will be all of that. Something I stumbled across on HF made me laugh a bit, have a read.

"During the 1996 NHL Draft, the Vancouver Canucks were pleasantly surprised to find Regina Pat centre Josh Holden still available when they drafted in the 12th spot. Ranked fourth by the Central Scouting Bureau, Holden saw his stock plummet because of his size. The Canucks, however, were willing to take a chance on Holden because of his offensive potential."

Oh Josh Holden...

*This is more joking around then anything, but made me think!*

I think Jordan will be a stud, I just got a kick out of this.

Looking at some of the past HF articles, when Chubarov and Allen were our top prospects and guys like Reid and Smith were on their way up.

Sure makes me feel good now.

<br />I think Jordan will be a stud, I just got a kick out of this.<br /><br />Looking at some of the past HF articles, when Chubarov and Allen were our top prospects and guys like Reid and Smith were on their way up.<br /><br />Sure makes me feel good now.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

coudnt agree more!

"Holden had tendons in his wrist severely severed. It's a miracle he could move his hand after the injury he suffered. He was highly-touted for his skills and likely would've had a pretty solid career had it not been for the permanent damage from the injury and the setbacks in development it caused. I also don't remember him being sold as a character pick quite as heavily as Hodgson."

From a poster on the HF boards.

He always seemed injured right after being drafted, it's a shame he couldn't amount to much.

He's over a PPG player over seas though!

Also don't forget that back when Holden was drafted it was the old nhl that didnt benefit the smaller, quicker players whereas the new nhl now really benefits those type of players like kane, gionta, etc.

I really like Schroeder not just for his skills but also the swagger he has. He looks like an A-hole, something the canucks need more of.

Also don't forget that back when Holden was drafted it was the old nhl that didnt benefit the smaller, quicker players whereas the new nhl now really benefits those type of players like kane, gionta, etc.

I really like Schroeder not just for his skills but also the swagger he has. He looks like an A-hole, something the canucks need more of.

yea he looks like 20 cent aka cabie beater lol

he looks like A-hole too and they're both Americans lol

Archived