The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Daniel Briere went 26th overall in that draft.

ahhhh the possibilities that could have been...

His draft year stats were pretty amazing too..1995–96 Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL 67 67 96 163 84

opposed to Holdon's

1995-96 Regina Pats WHL 70 57 55 112 105

I know stats aren't everything but wow

<br />nah, schroeder will be a good addition, i just hope he doesnt take as long as coho to be NHL ready haha<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i disagree with wut u said about cody. he was injured and played 100+ games the season b4 and due to his injury he barely played in the ohl this year! There's no way your gonna be playin at nhl level with messed up back unless ur name is Mario Lemieux.

Does the 9 game limit apply to NCAA players?

He is not a NCAA player anymore, signed his ELC in the last couple months....

Jordan will get every chance to make this team along with everyone else in camp, but I have a strong feeling that if he comes into camp and moves like the wind and plays a good two way game like he has in the past, then AV will be slotting him into the third line -- center or wing.

Daniel Briere went 26th overall in that draft.

ahhhh the possibilities that could have been...

We wouldn't have had to draft him. All we needed to do was claim him when he was on waivers. But no one did.

Really? Well then... Schroeder gets yet another +1 for versatility.

He can play where ever, he's still too small. Notice hos this was a Cody Hodgson thread. No one's even talking about this guy any more. I think it's because he started thinking for himself and acting like a baby. Now he's on the out side looking in while these other keener prospects wiggle their way in.

Schroeder needs to gain some weight. Grabner has beefed up over the last two years. Hansen like you say, gives me this weird feeling. A feeling of the guy that can't nor will ever finish.

Notice hos this was a Cody Hodgson thread. No one's even talking about this guy any more.

What?

I think it's because he started thinking for himself and acting like a baby. Now he's on the out side looking in while these other keener prospects wiggle their way in.

Wow. Where do you get the impression that he's acted like a baby? Was it that he refused to say anything negative about the Canucks in the media even after AV publicly questioned his integrity? Was it that he did the mature thing and rested as long as possible, even giving up his spot on Team Canada for the World Jrs, so that he could give his back the best chance of healing properly? How about when he kept playing for Brampton with a broken bone in his foot until they clinched a playoff spot? Is that what makes him a "baby"?

What?

Wow. Where do you get the impression that he's acted like a baby? Was it that he refused to say anything negative about the Canucks in the media even after AV publicly questioned his integrity? Was it that he did the mature thing and rested as long as possible, even giving up his spot on Team Canada for the World Jrs, so that he could give his back the best chance of healing properly? How about when he kept playing for Brampton with a broken bone in his foot until they clinched a playoff spot? Is that what makes him a "baby"?

Brampton had no business being in the playoffs, Cody singlehandedly brought them there

Whats with bad mouthing cody hodgson on the jordan schroeder thread? (other than the last 2 posts)

They are both great prospects and can bring two different types of games to the table for the canucks in which they can use together possibly on the third line next season.

Some are saying they might need a year in the AHL, but I hope they make the push in training camp.

He can play where ever, he's still too small. Notice hos this was a Cody Hodgson thread. No one's even talking about this guy any more. I think it's because he started thinking for himself and acting like a baby. Now he's on the out side looking in while these other keener prospects wiggle their way in.

Schroeder needs to gain some weight. Grabner has beefed up over the last two years. Hansen like you say, gives me this weird feeling. A feeling of the guy that can't nor will ever finish.

obvious troll is obvious

• 3 weeks later...

I feel as if Hodgson may win a spot on the team next year simply because of pressure on Gillis and the management to have prospects push the team and fill needs over Schroeder, even though I feel that Schroeder will have a better camp and will be more deserving. I feel this way because I think management may be under fire for the way Hodgson has been percieved in the media lately and the many whispers and "controversies" that seem to exist around him.

Second the comment of Schroeder looking good on Keslers wing. I am hoping that Hodgson can prove me wrong and actually earn a spot and not be satisfied by it being handed to him on a silver platter.

Edit - spelling.

I feel as if Hodgson may win a spot on the team next year simply because of pressure on Gillis and the management to have prospects push the team and fill needs over Schroeder, even though I feel that Schroeder will have a better camp and will be more deserving. I feel this way because I think management may be under fire for the way Hodgson has been percieved in the media lately and the many whispers and "controversies" that seem to exist around him.

Second the comment of Schroeder looking good on Keslers wing. I am hoping that Hodgson can prove me wrong and actually earn a spot and not be satisfied by it being handed to him on a silver platter.

Edit - spelling.

Assuming no forward moves are made in UFA...Jordan and Cody's chances of making the team at the same time might have been bumped up a bit after the Alex Burrows injury. Keep in mind Demitra suffered the same one and came back January. Im not sure the severity of it but i can see Burrows missing at least the first month and a half of the year as management won't rush Burr into a difficult decision. Scoring aside, we need Burr 100% for the defensive side as well

Archived