The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ticket from Private Parking Company - Need Advice

DonLever

I got a letter form Diamond Parking saying I was issued a ticket for time expired at Wendy's Restaurant at 8th and Cambie.

First, there was no ticket on the windshield when I got back to my car.

Second, I was already gone from time listed on the letter. The time listed was 8:00 pm but I was gone by 7:30.

The letter said I would be taken to court or car towed if I park at one of their lots if a violation occurred again.

Any advice?

And how do they know how long I stayed in that lot? There was no metered parking or attendant. So was that guy there all the time?

Does a company like this require a business license in order to operate?

If so, maybe find out where they are registered and file individual complaints against that company in the city of registration. Especially if that city is the city where you pay property taxes in.

Okay, so I just wanted to update what happened today when I called.

The customer service person picked up and I told them I had a letter sent to me last week, but never had the ticket on my dashboard. She looked up the reference number and told me it has already been cancelled because they wrote down the wrong parking lot location on my violation.

She said it's a warning and I am not to park at Staples lot in North Burnaby and go somewhere else (picked up sushi at Sushi Garden right beside it). I then asked if there were any other charges and she rudely, said bye and hung up.

Very rude customer service, but at least I don't have to pay because the ticket person screwed up. I will not park there again and damn those parking guys are sneaky watching in their vehicles and not even physically putting the tickets on the cars.

SCREW EM!!! :lol:

I suggest all of you that have been unfairly ticketed lodge complaints with the municipality that gave them a business license...and also lodge a complaint with the BBB. If their actions are really fraudulent then perhaps a chat with the local police is warranted.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump but i figured i'd add my story to this for the lulz.

Recieved a notice in the mail sometime in march that i hadnt paid my ticket that i recieved for parking in burnaby on february 25th. The kicker to it was on the 25th i was laying on the beach in honolulu while my car was parked in seattle. I have the reciept from the parking company i parked with in seattle so it will make this even easier. Thought i'd share it to re-open how much of a scam this stuff is

Archived