The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discuss Everything & Anything Cell Phone Here

_Kick_Save_

I have its little brother, the Wildfire. The resolution is a bit crap on like YouTube but to be honest if I wanted to go on YT i'd log onto my computer. It's brilliant, Android is awesome. It's such a cute little phone (mine is smaller than the Desire). The only niggle I have at the moment is battery life, but the phone does pretty much everything. I recorded a program earlier on Sky+ through my phone, it blew me away.

Android is the best. I'd take HTC over the iPhone anyday.

I wouldn't really expect much else for all the stuff you can do on it really. Is the charger over there the same as in Europe? Like a plug you can take apart and it charges through USB? I thought that was really good.

Question:

Should I let my contract run out (June 2011) and hope I can score big with retentions or should I re-up to a 3 year contract (really only +2 years) and get a Blackberry Torch for $50 (I can sell my current BB easily for $50)?

This is the current student deal being offered for $50:

Choose a Feature

UNLIMITED MY5 Canada-wide Talk/ Extreme Text/ Picture&Video Messaging4

OR

UNLIMITED Local Calling to/from Rogers Wireless, Rogers Home Phone or Fido® customers2

OR

Double Your Minutes (Equals 400)9

OR

5 pm Early Evening Calling

Evenings & Weekends

UNLIMITED evenings and weekends from 9PM8

Bonus Features(Available at NO EXTRA CHARGE)

Features Included:

UNLIMITED Messaging (Sent & Received Extreme Text, Picture/Video Messages)10

UNLIMITED Local Calling for 3 months

Plus:

Call Waiting

Group Calling

Call Forwarding7

Additional Opt-In Features:

Who Called™

Call Manager™

Drawback is no Call ID but I think I could argue it for free. I'd also try and get a $10 monthly credit (currently have a $5 one).

Thoughts?

I would hold out for a bit before resigning. Telus and Bell have way better student plans.

$40 gets you

200 minutes

Evenings at 6pm

My 10 National

Unlimited texting

100 mb of data

For most people 100 mb of data is more than enough unless you use your phone to tether.

Wait to see if Rogers changes their offer and if not call in and tell them that you like Telus' and Bell's plan and see what they offer you.

If I wasn't waiting for WIND I would definitely go with that plan.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI to anyone interested about the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate coming from Rogers:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2010/01/c6506.html

Happening at DigitalJournal.com's annual "Future of Media" event, the panel includes executives from Facebook Canada, The Globe and Mail, Global News and more. Speakers will explore how media organizations are adapting to emerging mobile technologies and readerships, how social media has changed news consumption and what the future of media holds. DigitalJournal.com's Future of Media gathering will include a panel discussion and debate and will end with an interactive Q&A with audience members and users on Twitter and Facebook. This highly anticipated event will take place Wednesday September 8 at the Drake Hotel Underground (1150 Queen Street West) at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public.

ok i just got my cell phone with my new account.

but my phone isnt working.i think im supposed to wait for a text msg saying that my number is like accepted into rogers stuff. But i havent got it since 1:00 i think im suppose to wait till sunday??? but the guy said something like 2 minutes.

He said Rogers servers/internet stuff is being retarted right now but any Rogers users know about after having a new phone???

ok i just got my cell phone with my new account.

but my phone isnt working.i think im supposed to wait for a text msg saying that my number is like accepted into rogers stuff. But i havent got it since 1:00 i think im suppose to wait till sunday??? but the guy said something like 2 minutes.

He said Rogers servers/internet stuff is being retarted right now but any Rogers users know about after having a new phone???

I have a 6 year old Motorola V360 with Rogers Pay As You Go.

For the past month or so, I have been getting a lot of 'No Service'.....in the mall, at school, outside, etc.

Is it time for a new phone, or would Rogers be able to fix this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys i need help here.

My parent's cheap prepaid phone just broke down. So i plan to give them my LG Rumour with my plan and get myself a used iphone 3g/s.

My LG Rumour is locked with Solo mobile for another 8 months.

Question:

can i give them my phone and plan and get a new contract but keep my old number even if i switch providers and go to either rogers or bell?

ok guys i need help here.

My parent's cheap prepaid phone just broke down. So i plan to give them my LG Rumour with my plan and get myself a used iphone 3g/s.

My LG Rumour is locked with Solo mobile for another 8 months.

Question:

can i give them my phone and plan and get a new contract but keep my old number even if i switch providers and go to either rogers or bell?

Archived