Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Smurf

Minecraft Thread

831 posts in this topic

I dunno.. I havent played vanilla in MONTHS.. Tis feed the beast for me.. Vanilla seems so lame now lol.

Got my quarry going finally.. 37 stacks of cobble 22 stacks of dirt and 4 stacks of gravel so far.. plus ores.. but I havent done anything with them yet.. Wanting to set an automated smelting system. And the "Barrels" in FTB are awesome.. Only hold 1 kind of item.. but can hold 64 stacks of them. I should record what I have set up to show ya guys

Got my quarry going finally.. 37 stacks of cobble 22 stacks of dirt and 4 stacks of gravel so far.. plus ores.. but I havent done anything with them yet.. Wanting to set an automated smelting system. And the "Barrels" in FTB are awesome.. Only hold 1 kind of item.. but can hold 64 stacks of them. I should record what I have set up to show ya guys

yep.. Feed the beast..

Settled under a village.. Going to use the buildings for certain jobs etc(pipe ores to get crushed(doubles the amount I get, then pipe to another building to get cooked and then to another for storage) Gonna be making my jetpack soon.

Not having to go caving thanks to the quarry makes things quite a bit more fun. I suggest people download it and try it.. Even if you dont do machines and such there are a lot of simple things you can make to help.. Micro blocks(blocks cut in pieces) for buildings etc.. barrels for storage.. Chest upgrades to hold more.. None need machines to create.

Also there are different biomes and trees and such.. If you do try it out.. Do the Minecrack version and edit the mods and disable greg tech(makes things harder and more time consuming to make)

I kinda like the sounds of automated stuff, but I like to pick and choose mods instead of loading 60 at once, half of which I'll probably never use.

It installs all of them.. But it doesnt mean you need to make the stuff from the mods. Railcraft is in it.. but I doubt I will ever use it.. Doesnt cause any other lag having the extra mods since it just adds recipes to the game for you to craft.

gah... My quarry has gone down to bedrock 3 times so far and not 1 diamond.. I need 11 to make another quarry to get 2 going at once.. I have 2 diamonds :(

Hey Birdie, that feed the beast, does it include Biomes O' Plenty? Also I was warching a video where the guy was mining all sorts of wired ores, like copper and amber, apatite and green sapphire, I think he was using feed the beast, is that stuf in there?

I just downloaded FTB, I like how it separates itself from the normal Minecraft, that's cool.

Oh, and it AWESOME!!!!!!

Can you add other mods to it? I want to add Mo' Creatures and OptiFine.

Optifine yes.. not sure about mo creaters.. Most of the mods are edited to work with each other.. other mods may cause crashes. Make sure you install the mod through the FTB launcher.. just google how to do it

Optifine yes.. not sure about mo creaters.. Most of the mods are edited to work with each other.. other mods may cause crashes. Make sure you install the mod through the FTB launcher.. just google how to do it

Youtube will be your friend..

Sterling engines will be a start.. Will take lava, coal etc to run.. I usually have one on the left, right, front and bottom.. And you'll need a lever to start them. Then you will need cobblestone pipe coming out of the top going to where you want it. I think I may record a short video of what I have to give you an idea.. Also if you press "u" on an ore or what ever.. it will give you what you can do with it and what machines you will need.

Feed the Beast sounds fun... where can I lay my hands on these?

there is also a wiki just search google for feed the beast wiki

Each has different mods.. well some the same.. but I do mindcrack.. I then go in and disable gregtech(makes things take longer) the mindcrack one seems to have all mods. Main reason I use it is for the twilight forest.. different trees.. ground level is only 30-35 above bedrock so I will be using a quarry in there to get down to diamonds faster.

direwolf I believe would be the closest to the mindcrack version

2 quarries going now woo.. now working on my mining laser and then other electric tools so I dont need to make picks or axes anymore! just have to recharge them.