The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] The Ironing Is Delicious

M A K A V E L I 96

you know word is that this is not an actual John Stewart show & that its been doctored and pieced together!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/01/20/bruins_canucks/

Unless they re-meet each other in the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals, theVancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins won’t play each other until next season. On the cheap-shot-riddled rink that is the worldwide web, however, they face-off against each other daily.

It is safe to assume the anonymous MAKAVELI719696 roots for the ’Nucks. The YouTubist typically uploads Canucks highlights, but he recently outdid himself (and likely confused a few Jon Stewart loyalists in the process) with a 10-minute edit titled “The Ironing Is Delicious” that has racked up more than 145,000 views since being uploaded about 48 hours ago. It’s a carefully pieced-together video-essay parody with a simple message at its core: Bruins suck.

Cleverly, if exhaustively, mashing Stewart’s Daily Show clips with photos and highlights of Bruins-Canucks games and interviews, MAKAVELI creates the impression that the Daily Show host is dedicating an entire segment to ripping into the Bruins.

It’s a fun watch that should embolden Canucks fans’ belief that the Bruins are diving, sniping, whining low-blow artists – and bolster Boston supporters’ position that the Canucks only see half the story.

Either way its great!

well put together, the clip of john saying "go f*ck yourself" is hilarious with a picture of marchand and julien beside him! good to see someone making a video of the truth, that being marchand getting right down, cutting the legs out, and following all the way threw so your arms are guiding and pushing someone over you is delibrate not "protecting yourself". I hope Marchand gets the beating of his life and the guy who does it says “ I was just trying to protect myself”

I feel like the Boston fans and some media who are addressing this video are missing the point. They say Canuck fans only see half the story after watching this video, seriously people? We saw the entire story - the media during the SCF made sure we did. This is just to show that the beloved innocent Bruins do the EXACT same thing, if not cheaper/dirtier while receiving praise for it.

That was just about the best thing I've ever seen but am I being trolled?? Jon Stewart talking about the Canucks/Bruins rivalry is tantamount to, well, Jon Stewart talking about the Canucks/Bruins rivalry...someone pinch me, is this real? haha

Seriously, herp derp!

1000x500px-LL-a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

NM... I GET IT NOW HAHA Very good, I am usually never fooled. Derp

Archived