Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Good Signs For The Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lemieux

Lemieux

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Did you notice how many times they tried to split the D right up the middle, especially by the AMEX line? It's a good sign that they are being more aggressive. When you are aggressive, you draw people to you, which in turn opens up your teammates. The Sedins, especially Henrik should take note of it. They should go for the net more instead of going to the cycle 100% of the time. If they keep it up they can have more chances. It's funny how sometimes one or two "fluky" goals can really turn a game/series around.

They should:
-shoot more pucks with huge slapshots from the blueline or the neutral zone to gain entry (just look at how Yandle did it in the Phoenix game)
-try to split the D occasionally
-hang on to the puck a second more, use body fake (like how Sakic used to do it)
This signature is not blank.

#2 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

The best sign is a sign that says: Go Canucks Go!

#3 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

The best sign is a sign that says: Go Canucks Go!

Homonyms ftw.

At least were scoring and getting goals. We just really have to work on our defense.

Posted Image

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to convince the twins to take the puck to the net more.

The Henrik I want to see is the Henrik I saw when Daniel was injured, and the Henrik I saw vs. the Kings a couple years back.

They've become to reliant on the cycle and teams have learned to predict what they will do. Don't get me wrong, the Sedins are still star-power players, they just need to get out of the rut by mixing things up a bit, I agree.

RIP LB RR PD

#5 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

The best sign was the Twins being able to put up a few points for that line last night. Hopefully, this gets them some much needed confidence and start making better offensive plays.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.