The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Signs For The Canucks

Lemieux

Did you notice how many times they tried to split the D right up the middle, especially by the AMEX line? It's a good sign that they are being more aggressive. When you are aggressive, you draw people to you, which in turn opens up your teammates. The Sedins, especially Henrik should take note of it. They should go for the net more instead of going to the cycle 100% of the time. If they keep it up they can have more chances. It's funny how sometimes one or two "fluky" goals can really turn a game/series around.

They should:

-shoot more pucks with huge slapshots from the blueline or the neutral zone to gain entry (just look at how Yandle did it in the Phoenix game)

-try to split the D occasionally

-hang on to the puck a second more, use body fake (like how Sakic used to do it)

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to convince the twins to take the puck to the net more.

The Henrik I want to see is the Henrik I saw when Daniel was injured, and the Henrik I saw vs. the Kings a couple years back.

They've become to reliant on the cycle and teams have learned to predict what they will do. Don't get me wrong, the Sedins are still star-power players, they just need to get out of the rut by mixing things up a bit, I agree.

Archived