The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

I know this is late, spend the last 3 days out in the bush and this is what I come back to, but...

What a classless hit by Keith.. absolute intent to injure. The thing that sticks out to me is that the Sedins get run essentially every game and they're masters of absorbing / avoiding the big hits. It took an absolutely ridiculous play where Daniel didn't expect to be hit at all for him to be caught off guard. That's what he gets for expecting Chicago to play with any sort of honor. Sickening.

How on Earth was Daniel's hit cheap? Elbow tucked in and his shoulder hit Keith's head without Daniel leaving his feet. It's not his fault if Keith is admiring his pass instead of bracing himself. Keith's hit on the other hand is a deliberate headshot intended to injure. If Rome gets 4 game in the SCF for a marginally late but legal hit then Keith should get the rest of the season and then some.

How on Earth was Daniel's hit cheap? Elbow tucked in and his shoulder hit Keith's head without Daniel leaving his feet. It's not his fault if Keith is admiring his pass instead of bracing himself. Keith's hit on the other hand is a deliberate headshot intended to injure. If Rome gets 4 game in the SCF for a marginally late but legal hit then Keith should get the rest of the season and then some.

Hey babe,

Reality is that most of us like some violence. It just sucks when our guy gets the worst of it. The beauty is that there is always next game. People can poopoo retaliation, but the mere possibility of it will have us all tuning in for the next tilt.

Nice profile pic. Is that u? meow!

I think the Hit on Keith was clean too, but the NHL has called otherwise clean hits suspendable of late, purely on head contact. Thare was as much head contact on the hit Keith took as the one he gave - look at the video. As for bringing in Rome's hit, your logic is flawed. Romes hit was just as late as the one on Keith, so should Sedin get four games too? I don't think so, max Sedin should get is one game suspension. But as I said earlier, you could argue that Sedin has already paid his price, a la old time hockey.

I love emotional, rough hockey. Bring on the playoffs!!

I think the Hit on Keith was clean too, but the NHL has called otherwise clean hits suspendable of late, purely on head contact. Thare was as much head contact on the hit Keith took as the one he gave - look at the video. As for bringing in Rome's hit, your logic is flawed. Romes hit was just as late as the one on Keith, so should Sedin get four games too? I don't think so, max Sedin should get is one game suspension. But as I said earlier, you could argue that Sedin has already paid his price, a la old time hockey.

I love emotional, rough hockey. Bring on the playoffs!!

Hey babe,

Reality is that most of us like some violence. It just sucks when our guy gets the worst of it. The beauty is that there is always next game. People can poopoo retaliation, but the mere possibility of it will have us all tuning in for the next tilt.

Nice profile pic. Is that u? meow!

good on ya mate for having the balls to get on these boards and say something reasonable about the incident. like other fans i was furious last night and wanted blood but where does that get you . i really do hope the league punishes keith severely , players who target the head and deliberately set out to injure suck and deserve a punishment that at the very least makes them think twice before they do it again .you are right about the fan bases , most people are reasonable and respectful , but there always are the lunatic few that want to incite hatred , this is one of the biggest problems we face as a world . power to the peacemakers .

good on ya mate for having the balls to get on these boards and say something reasonable about the incident. like other fans i was furious last night and wanted blood but where does that get you . i really do hope the league punishes keith severely , players who target the head and deliberately set out to injure suck and deserve a punishment that at the very least makes them think twice before they do it again .you are right about the fan bases , most people are reasonable and respectful , but there always are the lunatic few that want to incite hatred , this is one of the biggest problems we face as a world . power to the peacemakers .

You're a bit of a jackass, Red Russian. Next time your goofy head gets elbowed, fight through the brain jarring.

Cowards? I just printed out your useless post so I could wipe my a$$ with it.

Just go away simpleton. The Canucks are back and ready to go.

Any suspension from 5 to 7 games only favours the Hawks. 7 is the number of games they have left, so all that does is take a tiny slice out of Keith's massive income and gives him a nice rest up at just the right time. The Hawks don't want to move up right now anyways, so there's no urgency for winning. Anything less than 7 would be a bonus so he could jump back into the flow for a game or two before the real ones start but I'm sure they'd be happy with 7.

No, the only real suspension with any bite would have to include some playoff games. I would actually prefer he play out the season and only start his suspension then. But I suppose he wouldn't be losing salary that way. If its from now, I'd like to see 10 games, which would go 3 deep into the playoffs.

Archived