The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

I hope it's 10+ (not getting my hopes up though)

The intent to injure/retaliation and such a clear headshot with no puck contact..... it's brutal.

It's really gut check time for the NHL to see if they can defend their star players.

Probably is. MacKenzie was saying yesterday if it's a call it can't be more than 5 games. If he's going to see the NHL it's most likely more. I wonder why they're pushing it back though. Suspend him indefinitely for the time that Sedin is out and when he can return + 5 games on to that.

That's how you take headshots out of the game.

with NFL recently saying loud and clear that player safety and the integrity of the game are paramount, i'd like to see the NHL atleast match them, but im probably getting my hopes up. still, they don't want to be singled out as the one sport outside of prize fighting that isn't serious about it.

Oh how I yearn forth old days. Do u recall Gretzky getting many elbows like Sedin took? The reasons are as follows:

#1 You would have had to answer to Semenko or McClelland. Bieksa stood by like it was the first hockey game he'd ever been to.

#2 Players seemed to have more respect for each other. Sure, there were exceptions, but stuff like this often got settled like men.

#3 You would never see Gretzky throwing a cheap, opportunistic hit, because he knew that he needed to stay out of that facet of the game. Fact is, Sedin threw a cheap shot and paid for it with interest.

Im not condoning Keith's hit, just saying that I liked it better when these things were settled the old fashioned way. Case in point, I'll bet if you asked Sedin about taking the same hit on Keith next time - the honest answer is that he would think twice. So in a way, this thing is already settled ..... But that's not how we do it now. The men playing the game won't decide it, instead it will be Shanny, slow motion video, and public opinion that will rule the day. Progress?

...and for all the bleeding hearts out there, who say there's no room for violence, or retaliation in the game-this one is for you ... Many of us LIKE the violence. These are modern day gladiators, paid a lot of money to entertain us. We treat them like gods in our society ... Fame, women, riches - all to play a game. If a few get hurt for my amusement, I am 100% ok with that (ya, even Sid or Danny). If you want to watch a game of pure skill, with no honor, integrity or violence, full of Europeans diving to draw a penalty, your sport already exists. Soccer -go watch it, and leave hockey alone.

Oh how I yearn forth old days. Do u recall Gretzky getting many elbows like Sedin took? The reasons are as follows:

#1 You would have had to answer to Semenko or McClelland. Bieksa stood by like it was the first hockey game he'd ever been to.

#2 Players seemed to have more respect for each other. Sure, there were exceptions, but stuff like this often got settled like men.

#3 You would never see Gretzky throwing a cheap, opportunistic hit, because he knew that he needed to stay out of that facet of the game. Fact is, Sedin threw a cheap shot and paid for it with interest.

Im not condoning Keith's hit, just saying that I liked it better when these things were settled the old fashioned way. Case in point, I'll bet if you asked Sedin about taking the same hit on Keith next time - the honest answer is that he would think twice. So in a way, this thing is already settled ..... But that's not how we do it now. The men playing the game won't decide it, instead it will be Shanny, slow motion video, and public opinion that will rule the day. Progress?

...and for all the bleeding hearts out there, who say there's no room for violence, or retaliation in the game-this one is for you ... Many of us LIKE the violence. These are modern day gladiators, paid a lot of money to entertain us. We treat them like gods in our society ... Fame, women, riches - all to play a game. If a few get hurt for my amusement, I am 100% ok with that (ya, even Sid or Danny). If you want to watch a game of pure skill, with no honor, integrity or violence, full of Europeans diving to draw a penalty, your sport already exists. Soccer -go watch it, and leave hockey alone.

Archived