The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts On P.k Subban Joining The Canucks Roster Next Year?

Subban would be a great return for Schneider. That's about the kind of return we can hope for.

Defensemen like him don't come around very

often. He's dynamic, throws huge hits, great skater and plays with a ton of heart. His defensive play is getting better all the time as well.

Sure, it's clear that Schneider is going to be a great goalie in this league for years to come, but the Canucks aren't exactly dealing from a position of strength. I'm not sure that enough teams are looking for a goalie right now to create a bidding war, and he's a restricted free agent this summer and it will be difficult to get him signed with the lack of cap space the Canucks have.

Montreal would be stupid to trade Subban, but Gauthier is shockingly incompetent at times.

I think people need to cut him some slack when it comes to his character.

PK Subban plays with passion. When the team is winning, he is a fan favorite as you see the

emotion he brings to the team by playing physical and simply the way he reacts.

There is no denying Montreal have a bad team right now. When you are one of the worst teams in the league, and you have an emotional guy like Subban, there will be clashes in the locker room.

If Subban was on a different team that can make the playoffs or at least fight for the playoffs, he would definitely have a positive influence. However, for the Habs who are now rebuilding, he simply shouldn't be there.

PS I like now people are so quick to dismiss Subban after one controversial season. Shows the mentality of this forum again. Lets just forget what he did in the WJ and lets forget that he has 3 goals, 9 assists in 21 playoff games in his first 2 nhl seasons of his career. Forget that because since he is an emotional guy on a team with a million problems this year, he is definitely a cancer... I just would like to see what the Subban haters would have thought of getting Subban before this season.

I wouldn't argue if you questioned Subban's skill at the early stages of his career since he has been a turnover machine this season. However, a lot of people have already labeled him a cancer or even compared him to Avery...dumb. He is a passionate player that sticks up for his teammates and is the type of player that show up come playoff time.

Even though I don't see us getting Subban, I would love to have him.

before reading the comments on this topic, i would have said yes. But i guess it seems he has a dodgy character/personality. Did not know about him fighting 4 of his teammates. By the sounds of it, he is not the guy we want. From what i have seen on the ice, he does look quite good and capable of doing good here.

Also, we don't know when Salo is retiring, it may be after this season or it could be next, and the one after that, or the one after that, and so on. Dont make assumptions about when a player is to retire....

before reading the comments on this topic, i would have said yes. But i guess it seems he has a dodgy character/personality. Did not know about him fighting 4 of his teammates. By the

sounds of it, he is not the guy we want. From what i have seen on the ice, he does look quite good and capable of doing good here.

Also, we don't know when Salo is retiring, it may be after this season or it could be next, and the

one after that, or the one after that, and so on. Dont make assumptions about when a player is to retire....

Subban has turned his attitude and his game around in the late part of the season since his dressing down on the bench by the assistant coach. And since Montreal traded Gill away Subban has been playing close to 28 minutes a game. He's going to be an all-star in the very near future. All the cancer talk is BS. He's young, he's had a somewhat difficult sophomore season (as MANY young developing stars do) and has been thrust into a top 2 role on a bad team. Last year he was all offence, limited defence. This year he has rounded his game out and become much more defensively responsible. I'd question the hockey IQ of anyone who says they don't want him.

That being said, Montreal is retooling and Price, Pacioretty and Subban and Gorges (leads the league in blocked shots by a WIDE margin) are the core that they are working with. No way in hell do they trade away 22 year old budding superstar defenceman for a high draft pick. End of story

I've been a big fan of PK since seeing him in the Junior Tourney. I would love to see him in a Canuck uni.

All this PKS is a cancer I think is BS.

His own teammates say that he is the only guy they know that practices as hard as he plays and that leads to some tussles.

Gotta remember he is on a very frustrated, underachieving team.

Camellari had some things to say about the team, and this leads me to believe that PK isn't the problem.

While I doubt he would end up here, I would be the happiest Canuck fan to have such a young talented sh*t disturber on the team.

Not sure what so many peoples problem is with getting Subban. He's a solid, young defenseman who could flourish here with the right coaching. Are you not gonna pick up a highly skilled player because there's a chance he could fight with someone at practice (even though he'd resolve it with the other guy a few minutes later)?

Archived