The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Austerity Federal Budget Comes Down

DonLever

WOOHOO! Looking forward to my new retirement year - 2049! Although by the time I get there, they'll have raised retirement age to 75. So really I'll be working until 2057. Awesome. I love the Conservatives.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks getting rid of the penny is retarded? What happenes when we run out of pennies? Are all prices going to be rounded down (not bloody likely) or up? :D

Instead of cutting 10% of the CBC, why not cut 100%?

Also, sell privatize Canada Post like the Germans did with DHL. Same goes for Via Rail which is ridiculously expensive to ride.

The military cuts were not necessary. They should have instead been prioritizing. Rather than have 1000 soldiers in Afghanistan, have 1000 soldiers in the Arctic. Instead of stealth fighter jets, regular fighter jets and icebreakers.

A raising of the GST also would have helped with the deficit but since they were the ones who cut the GST, they don't wanna look bad.

I think I'll be fine... at least I hope I'll be fine. I have a company pension and RRSP's, but you never know what can happen in the years between now and when I turn 65... I mean 67. And I sure feel sorry for some people who will be relying on it. It's a bloody travesty if you're forced to work in your late sixties.

Instead of cutting 10% of the CBC, why not cut 100%?

Also, sell privatize Canada Post like the Germans did with DHL. Same goes for Via Rail which is ridiculously expensive to ride.

The military cuts were not necessary. They should have instead been prioritizing. Rather than have 1000 soldiers in Afghanistan, have 1000 soldiers in the Arctic. Instead of stealth fighter jets, regular fighter jets and icebreakers.

A raising of the GST also would have helped with the deficit but since they were the ones who cut the GST, they don't wanna look bad.

I could live without the CBC (as I mentioned above) and Canada post myself but even if that's the goal it's better to get their gradually rather than risk shocking the system.

The government very much made steps in the right direction in their house and even made a few into everyone else's (fiscal) house (which is drastically needed).

that i am less worried about. The government will just legislate a fair rounding system into law, so if u see ur cash register say at $2.52 you know u are only suppose to pay $2.50.

of course ur shop can rig the price so that it always rounds up, altho that is easily identifiable (for instance u notice ur coffee's price is $2.02 or $3.47) and you would realize this and visit the one across the street instead (if that bothers you).

we all know of the austerity measure's being handed down in countries like greece and italy , and the factors that are driving these measures , ['still blows me away the greeks do not have to pay taxes and they are complaining about their lot } . but when countries that economists describe as " cash countries" , canada , australia , hong kong , singapore , that are supposedly some of the few countries that are are running in the black , are starting to implement these measure's as well . i will let you draw your own conclusions

HERE COMES OUR crapTY FUTURE !

that i am less worried about. The government will just legislate a fair rounding system into law, so if u see ur cash register say at $2.52 you know u are only suppose to pay $2.50.

of course ur shop can rig the price so that it always rounds up, altho that is easily identifiable (for instance u notice ur coffee's price is $2.02 or $3.47) and you would realize this and visit the one across the street instead (if that bothers you).

we all know of the austerity measure's being handed down in countries like greece and italy , and the factors that are driving these measures , ['still blows me away the greeks do not have to pay taxes and they are complaining about their lot } . but when countries that economists describe as " cash countries" , canada , australia , hong kong , singapore , that are supposedly some of the few countries that are are running in the black , are starting to implement these measure's as well . i will let you draw your own conclusions

Archived