Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Gallagher Is An Angry Zombie.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Tony "Bub" Gallagher: Friend or Foe (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What makes the Walking Gallagher so angry and bitter?

1. his costly addiction to scarves. (12 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. the need to feed. (12 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. a hidden love for the Maple Leafs. Ew! (7 votes [12.96%])

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

4. his refusal to acknowledge that the Vancouver Canucks are real contenders. (23 votes [42.59%])

Percentage of vote: 42.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

Ole ToniToneTony Gallagher is at it again. Saying that they're lucky to have the President's Trophy....

http://www.theprovin...6745/story.html

Who digs this walker's schpeil? Seriously.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 08 April 2012 - 02:10 AM.

Posted Image

#2 OrrFour

OrrFour

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

That's not what he wrote.
He wrote, '
While they won their second straight Presidents' Trophy with their win over Edmonton Saturday night at Rogers Arena and full marks for that achievement, if there's been a less convincing top team in the league recently, it doesn't come to mind.'

He didn't say they were lucky, just that they didn't win it in a convincing manner. True story.

#3 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

Can't wait for Vancouver sports media to go bankrupt once we win the cup and people don't care about reading old bogeys bash our championship team anymore.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#4 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

What's wrong with anything he really said in there? This Gallagher hate is just becoming stupid.

Edited by Touchet, 08 April 2012 - 02:42 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#5 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

He's embarrassing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Tony, Tony, Tony... Hate can only get you so far in life.

#7 geezer2

geezer2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

don't get your knickers in a knot .. what he says in that article is pretty much true. Over the years he has seen some appalling hockey and bad decisions and is probably like any long time fan waiting to be disappointed again . this is not unusual.. after all I have waited 41 years and I want a cup before I die or become senile and don't remember why I care so much. lets hope this year is the one

#8 TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

He's embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

Wow. That is embarrassing.

"In the same period?"

What an IDIOT!

Posted Image

#9 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Most people who post here are incapable of reading a newspaper. Half are incapable of buying one.

#10 rain

rain

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Can't wait for Vancouver sports media to go bankrupt once we win the cup and people don't care about reading old bogeys bash our championship team anymore.

Getting ahead of things a bit?

Confidence and positive thinking is one thing, but don't get over cranked about something that's not here. We don't want Vancouver fans to behave poorly if it doesn't happen, out of some immature sense of entitlement.

Edited by rain, 08 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#11 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Lucky?

StL and NYR choked, bigtime. Not to mention Detroit, months ago. Cheers.

TOML

Edited by TOMapleLaughs, 08 April 2012 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

#12 OrdinaryBoy

OrdinaryBoy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

so everybody else in the league is worse than us, we're not better than them?

#13 Alf

Alf

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Ole ToniToneTony Gallagher is at it again. Saying that they're lucky to have the President's Trophy....

http://www.theprovin...6745/story.html

Who digs this walker's schpeil? Seriously.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

I think you're misinterpreting the article, but whatever. TG has a point. Have you really felt at any point in the season that the Canucks have totally dominated for a stretch? They have gone on winning streaks, but the common thing I heard throughout the season from almost all of them at one point or another was that "we're not playing our best hockey". I agree. On many nights they did just enough required to win. It's nice to have the luxury of enough talent to do that. But at the end of the day that type of mentality broods laziness. Full marks to the Canucks for another PT, but I believe they have another gear and we still haven't seen it this season.

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Fishman1

Fishman1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Well! All I can say to this is.... GO NUCKS GO !!!!

#15 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

We are also lucky to be in this weak division. The Rangers are in the same division as the Flyers, Penguins and Devils.
Posted Image

#16 Nucks fan in TO

Nucks fan in TO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

TG is negative as usual, but he also happens to be right. This team has not been firing on all cylinders at any point in the season. But it actually bodes well, as I think they have more to give and they know what it takes now. I think we're going to see them kick it up a notch in the postseason.

#17 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Typical Gallagher negativity. It's not enough to win top team we have to absolutely dominate.

#18 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

don't get your knickers in a knot .. what he says in that article is pretty much true. Over the years he has seen some appalling hockey and bad decisions and is probably like any long time fan waiting to be disappointed again . this is not unusual.. after all I have waited 41 years and I want a cup before I die or become senile and don't remember why I care so much. lets hope this year is the one

You and I are in the same boat. In a few more years, I will forget to watch them play. They will have to strap an alarm clock around my neck and prop me up with pillows to enable me to watch the Nucks. One good thing about it though, I won't have to get up betwen periods to pee. Ahhhh.........the Golden Years!!
"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#19 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I love Tony.

As 'the situation' states above,imagine this team going up against Philly,Washington,New York and Pittsburg on a regular basis?

Calgary,Edmonton,Dallas and Colorado.Yawn.

#20 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

That's about as positive as Tony is capable of. He's in a tight spot - afraid to lose to LA, and afraid to beat LA. One way disappointment, the other, he was wrong about his team, as usual. He really made a fool of himself suggesting that AV's days were numbered, and even during the winning streak that secured the President's trophy he was struggling to find negatives. That is Tony being Tony - he still hasn't gotten over the Neely trade, and he may never get over the Hodgson trade, but this article is probably the best thing he has written in quite some time. He put himself in a tough spot predicting doomsday; and he's obviously not the kind of person to admit that he was wrong - thus his half-assed 'this is not a very impressive President't trophy team, can anyone remember a less impressive one' thing. Nothing is ever good enough for him. The usual weak stuff, but not as weak as the bleak crap he had been writing recently.

#21 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

Most people who post here are incapable of reading a newspaper. Half are incapable of buying one.

What group r u in? Do you mean low IQ or low age?

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#22 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

The cynicism vancouverites are fed daily by spirtswriters probably is the catalyst for fickle fans with high expectations. The very things we, as a fan base, are criticized for. People shouldnt let him influence their feelings. As a professional,he must be objective, this lends to an interestinv read, and this is not congruent with fan mentality which promotes unconditional positive regard for their team.

That's about as positive as Tony is capable of. He's in a tight spot - afraid to lose to LA, and afraid to beat LA. One way disappointment, the other, he was wrong about his team, as usual. He really made a fool of himself suggesting that AV's days were numbered, and even during the winning streak that secured the President's trophy he was struggling to find negatives. That is Tony being Tony - he still hasn't gotten over the Neely trade, and he may never get over the Hodgson trade, but this article is probably the best thing he has written in quite some time. He put himself in a tough spot predicting doomsday; and he's obviously not the kind of person to admit that he was wrong - thus his half-assed 'this is not a very impressive President't trophy team, can anyone remember a less impressive one' thing. Nothing is ever good enough for him. The usual weak stuff, but not as weak as the bleak crap he had been writing recently.

Edited by Cristalinastar, 09 April 2012 - 01:02 AM.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#23 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Not sure anyone could say it better.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.