The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

Guest Dasein

I think one playoff game is usually equal to two regular season games? Or is that for the Stanley Cup Finals?

But if that is the case...

Byron Bitz on Kyle Clifford - 4 games

Duncan Keith on Daniel Sedin - 5 games

I think a suspension is also in order, but so is one for Weber, especially since he's a repeat offender. Looks like it's the Predators turn to get a run for the cup. Their attendance must be down during the year overall and a Cup champion, or at least a shot in the finals could fix that for next year. The only way Vancouver will ever see a cup is if attendance goes so low that the NHL will have to let us win to keep a fanchise here. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the blatant Vancouver bias

Suspension undeserved.

Shanahan said 1 playoff game is equal to 10 regular season games. That hit would have been 20 games in the regular season? Get f*ckin real. That hit was a borderline suspension. Weber with a $2500 fine? DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!!

Weber - $2500 fine

Keith - 5 regular season games and a 2 min penalty

Bitz - 2 playoff games and a 5 min penalty and game misconduct

Rome - 4 stanley cup playoff games and a 5 min penalty and game misconduct

I agree with Bitz getting suspended but how is it that he gets 2 playoff games, when his hit was a hockey play (a dirty play but a hockey play none the less) and Keith and Weber deliberately tried to injure someone. Incomprehensible.

the thing that pisses me off is that the major likely caused the canucks to LOSE the game and then they suspended bitz afterwards; so he gets actually 3 playoff games. now i think bitz blows but wtf weber deliberately smashes zetterbergs head into the glass trying to injure him at the END of the game, the penalty is meaningless it didnt tie the game up or cause nashville to lose, and he gets no suspension... that should of been AT LEAST 1 game and if zetterberg were injured he should of been done for the entire series.

Bitz gets a couple of games, Weber has to pay a $2,500 fine. So with this star power sliding scale, if Crosby hits someone who is in a vulnerable position and gives him a concussion would the NHL have to pay Crosby $2,500 or would the guy he hit be suspended for two games?

regards,

G.

Oh here comes the Weber whambulence. Yes, the lack of suspension for him is rather shocking to say the least. But that doesn't mean Bitz didn't deserve his suspension, because he did 100%.

I am glad that at least someone got punished for their idiotic play. Sure, Weber should've gotten the same suspension, but I rather have Shan get at least one suspension right instead of letting everyone off the hook. It just so happens that Bitz got it this time. And because he is on our team we are here getting angry about it.

So people think since Weber got nothing, Bitz should get nothing? That kind of thinking is no good either.

I think one playoff game is usually equal to two regular season games? Or is that for the Stanley Cup Finals?

But if that is the case...

Byron Bitz on Kyle Clifford - 4 games

Duncan Keith on Daniel Sedin - 5 games

Pathetic. IMO Bitz deserves to be suspended, but so does Weber. Weber deserves a longer suspension the Bitz does because it was a deliberate attack to the head. There was no "heat of the moment" like the Bitz hit. Just Pathetic NHL. How do expect to crack down on head shots when you throw out a measly 2500 fine. What a joke

The suspension on Bitz is the right decision all around. What's absolutely ridiculous is the inconsistency on disciplinary decisions. Romer's hit last year was a perfectly good hit unless you buy the crap that it was a fraction of a second late and it earned him 4 games. Bitz's hit was so much worse than Romer's hit.

And while I'm whining, how is it that the league maximum fine is only $2500??? Weber makes that much money in one shift! Wow, lesson learned there!

Archived