Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

The Canucks Fans That Think This Series Is Over Disgust Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#91 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Call me delusional but i see an ankle injury in your future..Seriously.

Is that a threat? Really? Pathetic.

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#92 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Pathetic like blind optimism and hope
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#93 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

I guess he objected to my calling him sanctimonious and delusional.

Edited by Cause=Time, 16 April 2012 - 02:11 AM.

Posted Image

#94 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Truth hurts.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#95 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

I just don't honestly think they have the coaching to come back.

I have been watching hockey for a long time now, only recently I really clued into what a coach does. I find solice in the fact I get to watch young players like Kassian and whatever we get for Schneider develop.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#96 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

:picard: ugh.... Kassian...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#97 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yeah and Bitz is coming back next game. He'll make the difference.....................................................

..............No. I'm not being serious.

Edited by gradin123, 16 April 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#98 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

Oh, my worthless, desperate, unjustified hope has returned! Thanks for reminding me! WE LOVE YOU, BITZ!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#99 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Natural hat trick for Bitz! 8-1 victory. Seven assists for Henrik.

Posted Image

#100 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Yeah! Sarcasm! Now THAT is my kind of optimism!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#101 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Just wait until Maxime Lapierre really starts to get under their skin, then we will really have them where we want them.

He has not even begun to really get his taunt on yet.

When Lapierre starts taunting the Kings truly the way we all know he can the Kings will be putty in our hands.

#102 DS4quality

DS4quality

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Lets not give Quick all the credit, he makes one save at a time, and the defense clears the rebounds, Get rebounds and put the puck on the net, we could steal a game or two yet. But we need a big body crashing the net!

#103 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

YES! Prolong our misery for another game or two so we can further endanger our players while they scrounge for pride on the floor of a lost-cause play-off series.

HERP A DERP!

Give it up. Taking this to game 6 is not worth it if it inevitably means more injury. If you feel otherwise in any way, shame on you as a fan of the "sport".
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#104 giXXer

giXXer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

At this point the more nucks hockey i get to see the better, motivation for nucks should be, don't make it easy on the kings, we got nothing to lose make their life miserable.

#105 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Who knew that both the Nucks + Pens are 0-3 to start the playoffs? When I had them as favorites coming out of their respective conferences?

Yep. Those are the two teams I relied on for my hockey pool to go all the way.

I have to admit, down 3 - 0 in this series feels a lot like the 3 - 0 down we were in game 7 last year.

But I'm still on board! The wagon is a little lighter now, maybe we can giddy up a little faster
Win one, its 3 -1. Then go from there.

2z4fxud.jpg

#106 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

Well said.

It's a good job the team doesn't have the jelly backbone half the "fans" on here have.

Understandable I suppose when you think how on your Playstation, if you don't like the way a game is going you just stop and start again. I really doubt whether half these kids have ever been in a team and know what pride in your ability and team spirit means.

It's easy to look good when you are winning. Let's see what a couple of losses does for LA.

Edited by Bodee, 16 April 2012 - 07:54 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#107 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

YES! Prolong our misery for another game or two so we can further endanger our players while they scrounge for pride on the floor of a lost-cause play-off series.

HERP A DERP!

Give it up. Taking this to game 6 is not worth it if it inevitably means more injury. If you feel otherwise in any way, shame on you as a fan of the "sport".

Please do the World a favour and don't try to join ANY team.

Some players, unfortunately leave the ice/field on a stretcher you obviously would take to the ice/field on one............hope you don't have kids.
Kevin.jpg

#108 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Would Trevor Linden think it was all over...............no way.

You have to push to the last second. Who knows what is round the next bend, for either team.
Kevin.jpg

#109 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

While I'm not disgusted, I do agree with the OP.

Down 3-0. In a low-scoring series, against a team with a stingy defence, and a red hot goalie.
Of course it doesn't look good. Pretty awful actually.

Had the boys come and played like this from game 1, I could see them winning in 6 or 7.
Now, not so much.

Coming back from a 3-0 deficit. Improbable? Absolutely.
The odds are HEAVILY stacked us, yes.
Probability of a favourable outcome is really, really low.
Impossible? Certainly not.

In life, I tend to be a realist, leaning on the pessimistic side.
But, in regards to sports, I'm generally more optimistic. Jeez. Why the hell not?

So to those who say its over, as if it were fact. It isn't.
Yes, the team has dug itself a hole, now faces elimination.
So what, do you want award for pointing out the obvious?

Do you want me to stop cheering for our team because you're all gloomy?
Pff what kind of fan are you?

Last time I checked it was a best-of-7 series, not 5.

Stranger things have happened.
Worse teams have come back from 3-0 down to beat better teams.

Honestly if you can't handle the pressure watching your team in an elimination
game, then maybe you should follow another sport.

Perhaps following chess, or croquet would be more suitable.

#110 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

I haven't seen anything from this team to suggest their capable of a comeback. Just being realistic. Even if they do a complete 180 Quick is bound to steal 1 game for the kings.

He stole the last game.

Sure you can string together a 4 game win streak but not against this team. The Hodgson trade was a mistake.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 16 April 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#111 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

It's not over yet. 3-0 is not a series win.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#112 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

There's a difference between giving up on the team and being logical.

I think LA is taking the series. Whether it's in game 4, 5, 6, or 7 has yet to be seen, but the Canucks are NOT winning this series. I'm still going to be wearing my jersey and still cheering for the team in game 4, but that doesn't mean I think we're going to make it to the 2nd round.

If we do make it to the 2nd round, I'll post a video of me slamming mouse traps onto both of my nipples. I'm a little overweight too, so I'll also get the embarrassment from showing my fat stomach all over the internet.

I don't know, I think it's a good deal. If embarrassing myself on the internet via youtube is what makes the Canucks win the Cup, then so be it.

You've been quoted. And there's no backing out of an internet promise.

#113 Hectic

Hectic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Oh the rare positivity on this board..

In all honesty though, I would have to say that I think the Canucks badly outplayed the Kings last night. Not sure what the final shots were but that doesn't even matter, I'm confident that if we play the way we did last night in game 4, there will be a game 5.

#114 Wyoming Fan

Wyoming Fan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

Two questions:1) What planet are you from?? 2) Are we watching the same team? cuz the goal tending has been sporadic (exception Schneider) and the rest of the team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn right now.

Actually we did win the Presidents trophy by chance this year. The Rangers choked.

Not just the Rangers, but the Blues, also.

Edited by Wyoming Fan, 16 April 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#115 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

some people never give up , they might not always win but they never give up ,winners never quit , quitters never win .

Copernicus had those Renaissance ladies crazy about his telescope , and Galileo had a name that made his
reputation higher than his hopes , did none of those astronomers discover while they were staring out into the dark
that what a lady looks for in her lover , is Charm, Strangeness and Quark

Brock/Calvert

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#116 IwantGDiduc!

IwantGDiduc!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

I haven't seen anything from this team to suggest their capable of a comeback. Just being realistic. Even if they do a complete 180 Quick is bound to steal 1 game for the kings.

Theres no doubt in my mind that they are perfectly capable of winning 4 in a row.. if they played their best we could totally kill LA.. but we have not been playing our best.. and at this point it doesnt look like they are going to overcome their scoring issues. Really hope I am wrong and the canucks we all know show up like we all know they can.

Realism is what's need here. Your optimism is great and I applaud your spirit. Lets face facts. Our goaltending has been super fantastic from both Luongo and Shnieder. However it's the rest of the team that has failed so far. Our defensive play...... well leaves much to be desired. we all know there's a mystery surrounding the dissapearance of our offense. Or is that Quick fellow that good?

With the team playing the way they are a comeback truly is not in the cards at this point.
That being said I believe they can turn things around as good teams can and will. I sincerely hope they do. It's just unrealistic with the way LA has been playing.

#117 DarthANGER

DarthANGER

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Why wouldn't the series be over? These guys can't seem to do even the simplest of things right. How could Edler shoot the puck over the glass at the end of the game? How can we not clear the puck out of the zone? The bottom line is that this team canot do the simplest of things correctly and will be properly put out onto the golf course come Wednesday. They have been a disgrace all series!

#118 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Series was over since the trade deadline.

When gillis gutted our secondary scoring for playoff grit that wasn't very gritty after all.

Be disgusted all u want.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#119 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

I am ever the optimist, but you are aware that not many teams come back from an 0-3 hole aren't you?

Quick is good enough to steal 1 out of the next 4 games even if our players come in a blow the doors off.

Our chances are fairly low at this point, it is reality not disloyalty.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#120 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

I say we've got about a 1 in 20 shot of winning this series.

40% chance of winning the road games, 55% chance of winning the home games. Lets just hope we can get lucky and win on Wednesday. Lots of teams come back from 3-1 down.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.