The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snow Showers On Quick, Too Little Too Late

TorontoSharksFan

So I watched the CBC via NBC Sports feed of game 3, and other than Quick's stellar play, and Dustin Brown's coming out party, the thing that stood out to me was the lack of bodies and sticks in Quick's crease for most of the game. What I say isn't talking out of my ass, the Sharks have had the Kings number in high-pressure games in the past two seasons and the way we've done it is by getting Quick distracted.

Did you notice how Quick jumped up and bitched at the ref when he received the late-third-period snow shower? Do this in the opening minute, and do it repeatedly thereafter. Whack at his catcher when he's trapping the puck on the ice, and make him as agitated as you possibly can. This may sound like I'm stating the obvious, but quite simply, the Canucks have not really even had many screened shots this series, never mind post-whistle prodding of Quick's pads and glove.

You want to pull a Philly/Boston 2010, you have to get Quick pissed off, whining at refs, and retaliating for aggressive behaviour. As long as he can focus on making saves and handling rebounds, he will be rock solid. But if players like Burrows and Edler can get in Quick's grill and subsequently his head, he will start to show cracks in his facade.

Trust me, I've seen the Sharks do it before.

Am I the only one that thinks we should run Quick? Not as blatant as Lucic on Miller, but say Tootoo on Miller? To start the game that is, a guy like Kassian, then have Kassian pump whoever tries to fight him. It would be a penalty worth killing and do it early in the first period to try and rattle him.

Am I the only one that thinks we should run Quick? Not as blatant as Lucic on Miller, but say Tootoo on Miller? To start the game that is, a guy like Kassian, then have Kassian pump whoever tries to fight him. It would be a penalty worth killing and do it early in the first period to try and rattle him.

I totally agree. We haven't done anything to get Quick off his game. There has also been almost zero presence in front of the net all series. Every time we successfully get the puck down low, nobody is there to receive a pass or create chaos. I thought we had the players for the hard nosed game this year? Or is it that LA's D is just that good?

Archived