The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Only People Gone Are Av, Malhotra, And Raymond

Merci

I don't mind Malhotra staying. He's there for leadership and faceoffs.

AV needs to go. The complaint when the Canucks lost against Chicago was that he was outcoached. And I'm feeling the same thing against Boston and now LA. You have one of the highest scoring teams in the league running into hot goalies. Good coaching watches the videotapes and finds holes in the defense and the goalie, and exploits it. AV says to stay the course... staying the course is not working. As a coach you have to make the right adjustments. You need to come up with a strategy that forces their defense to abandon their own strategies to get them out of their comfort zone.

And Raymond is the most inconsistent forward we have. With other guys you know what to expect. Raymond seems to ALWAYS be in a slump. He scores twice in 2 games to "bump the slump" and then he goes into yet another drought of 10+ games. I expect him to go for either a prospect or late round draft pick, or hopefully in a package deal if we are forced to lose either of Schneider or Luongo.

Cory gone.

Lu in for good.

Burr stays, ballard gone, raymond for sure gone, booth gone.

Start new system built around being physical, playing 2 way hockey, bring in larger defencemen (colorado for instance) and stop changing lines every game. Fire AV ( if we lose ) and just start fresh.

Wow, some of you kids are just too much!

Lose against a good team? Let's trade everyone right now!! Haha

Did you guys forget, we were the best team of the regular season? It is obvious we need to make some moves this off season, but in no way do we need to rebuild a new team. What MG will try to do is add a couple players to put us over the edge. We're pretty close guys, but this is obviously not our year. Let's just try to calm down and not throw the baby out with the bath water.

And to add to my rant about AV, he is the main reason that Hodgson is gone. Don't give me that Henrik/Kesler are already centers nonsense, we know that he has no problem asking players to play out of their natural positions - Burrows, Lapierre, Malhotra, to name a few. He is also the reason many of us have said to get rid of Ballard. These players have been solid for us, and have been in AV's doghouse for inexplicable reasons in favour of Raymond and Rome.

Archived