The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Only People Gone Are Av, Malhotra, And Raymond

Merci

We are making quick look a lot better than he is, Schneider probably had just as many difficult saves with half the amount of shots.

How many muffins did we shoot from far out that hit Quick right in the logo? Hansen had him beat in the first period and when Burrows had a wide open net he couldn't get it off the ice and basically just hit Quick. There were so many other pucks bouncing around the crease that could has easily gone in.

I would like to see Manny gone but have some other role in the organization, he's a good leader and good on faceoffs but he can't play like he did pre-injury and his cap hit is too high for being a 4th liner. Ideally, I would just like to see him retire with the the reason "I can't play up to my standards blah blah blah"

Raymond sucks....... enough said.

Av = Isn't an elite level coach, for the last 3 years in the playoffs he has proven it.

How can you score goals with this flawed system?

The system needs to go. AV's not the guy. Every team in the league has figured out how to stop us, 5 on 5 and the powerplay. Time to try a new system.

And I'd like to know why Lappierre isn't on the 1st with Burr and Hank. That line was on fire, and poof! Gone.

TQhe only guy who really, really needs to go is AV.

They outplayed LA all fracking night long, but couldn't pot even one. You can't put that on the players. They need a new strategy.

malhotra - i cant see him getting traded or bought out just because he is a good guy and has really settled in here in van-city

raymond - just let him walk....take the 2.5 million in cap space and use it somewhere else

AV - he is a good coach and i dont want him to leave...merely because who are you gonna replace him with??? mac t? i dont think so, he has been out of the nhl for a few years now

ballard - number 1 priority, find ballard a new home. both sides need this to be done...throw in a 2nd pick if you haft to, just GET RID OF HIM!!!!.....for his sake to

salo - retire.....or bring him back as a 5,6,7 defenseman

trade one of luongo or schneider and bring in a legit right handed top 4 defenseman....carlsson, weber, larsson(long shot), wideman(UFA), etc...

I say we get some lucky bounces and turn this around. It's a 7 game series. Save this hypothetical diarreah for later. We were coming off the longest winning streak of the season. 4 wins in a row for us is not farfetched.

Why does Booth get a free ride? He has a lower ppg than Samuelsson this year. He hasn't done anything to prove his worth as a core player. He's on the 2nd PP unit and he is not one of the players who would be on the ice when we're down a goal with a minute left in the game.

Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Kassian, Pahllson, and Lapierre - Critical pieces to our future success they aren't going anywhere. They need to have more than a year and a half with a system before they are really going to click. Clam the frack down. Every single one can shoot, score, deke, hit, and has hands let them grow a bit together

Cory gone.

Lu in for good.

Burr stays, ballard gone, raymond for sure gone, booth gone.

Start new system built around being physical, playing 2 way hockey, bring in larger defencemen (colorado for instance) and stop changing lines every game. Fire AV ( if we lose ) and just start fresh.

AV will be back.

Malhotra isn't going anywhere, unless he retires.

Raymond will be traded for a low draft pick.

Pahlsson will be made an offer, as will Rome.

Salo will be made an offer if he wishes to continue playing.

The big question is at goaltender. I just hope there is a team out there willing to take BobbyLu's contract (Florida?). If so, he gets traded for a package of draft picks.

posted this in another thread

I don't how this off season is going to unfold but here's what I would do if I was in charge.

I know players have NTC and NMC, but I think all bets are off and any changes that need to be made, are made. if a player has an NTC/NMC and MG wants to move them, he should be approaching them about waiving it........they've all had their chances to win here, and have failed.......Sedins included, who are in both the untouchable and bubble categories.

Untouchable

Danny

Hank

Schneider

Burrows

Lappiere

Hamhuis

Salo

Kassian

Higgins

Hansen

Tanev

Volpatti

Bubble players

Kesler

Edler

Booth

Bieksa

Danny

Hank

Pahlsson

Rome

Gragnani

Alberts

Pinnizoto

Weise

Gone

Luongo

Manny

Ballard

Raymond

Bitz

Ebbett

I put players in the untouchable category based on effort level, clutch play and committment to the team game. Shouldn't be too many surprises, as most of these players go full out, show a true committment to the team game and play their hearts out. I'm sure kassian gets a few eyebrows, but no way is the guy they traded hodgson for being moved out. All are on very good contracts for what they provide.

Bubble guys are players who don't seem to show up when they are truly needed, have inflated contracts for the services provided or are just non impact players, but aren't liabilities either. The twins are on this list too,a s they are the part of a core who have had their chance, imo, but I don't see them being moved. I think there is a 50/50 chance that Kes gets moved. I get he was injured, but I am getting a little tired of the Kesler show with his antics and his inability to create any kind of chemistry with anyone he plays with......he is the epitome of a selfish player. I think Booth, Pahlsson, Bieksa and Edler all stay, but it's no guarantee......if the right deal came along, or they needed cap space to sign a big name guy, they could be moved or not signed.

The gone category is pretty self explanatory. I don't see any way for Luongo to stay in Vancouver and his inconsistent play has worn out its welcome. He's been usurped by Schneider and it's time for him and the team to move on.......and I think he knows it. Manny has become dead weight with a big contract for what he provides. Pahlsson and Lappy provide the same service for a cheaper price and bring more intangibles to their game. Raymond........well I actually like him, but all flash, no dash, and it's time to get rid of the oevr abundance of players like that from the roster. Ballard is a no brainer, though he's been better......huge contract, but one dimensional. Bitz is useless, Ebbett redundant.

As I said, I understand there NTC's and NMC's involved, and that MG has said he would never approach a player about waiving it, but MG's job is in the bubble category so I expect he will do what is necessary to keep his job.

sadly, AV will land in Montreal, despite there being no replacement that is anywhere near his level.

Manny has become dead weight with a big contract for what he provides.

MG's job is in the bubble category so I expect he will do what is necessary to keep his job.

sadly, AV will land in Montreal, despite there being no replacement that is anywhere near his level.

You're a fool to think we'd get rid of anyone else.

Sedins - off year; idc what bull crap you say Henrik played good enough for me this first round. He's only going to get better.

Kesler - Major Surgery, missed training camp, completely new line mates

Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Kassian, Pahllson, and Lapierre - Critical pieces to our future success they aren't going anywhere. They need to have more than a year and a half with a system before they are really going to click. Clam the frack down. Every single one can shoot, score, deke, hit, and has hands let them grow a bit together

Bieksa - I am glad you showed up in game 3. I am sorry you lost Rypien and LA is just unbearable, I don't know why Av put you with Edler.

Edler - I think someone just needs to yell at you and you'll get a lot better. T MAC T MAC T MAC

Hamhuis - please don't give us that frown anymore we'll win it eventually, I promise.

Tanev - Quietly become something unfathomable

Luongo - I am with you all the way now buddy. Cup toted by all the kings horses and all the kings men Pittsburgh precious Fleury had the same thing happen to him and my eyes are wide open. I believe in you number 1. Let's trade the ginger for the next Scott Neidemayer(Ryan Murray) and we'll all rejoice winning the cup together.

David Jones - Grew up in Poco 6'3 215. 20 goals 43 points in 72 games with Colorado, a wee replacement for Raymond we have all been dreaming of. UFA this July 1st

AV- Sometimes a coach gets tuned out. Sometimes a really really complacent coach gets really really tuned out. Bon soir mon amie.

-Merci

Very well thought out post. Couple comments. Malhotra is asked to start something ridiculous % of his shifts with defensive zone faceoffs. I think in a lot of ways he's become indisposable in that role. He's not going anywhere next year unless he retires.

My sense is that GMMG has the full confidence of Aquilini. If so, AV isn't going anywhere.

Archived