The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overreaction

Edler's Broken Stickz

Luo WAS great and DID help get us to game 7 of the cup finals LAST year (note all the past tense even Luo suporters are using). This year he is NOT as good and IS inconsistent thus why he is ridding the pine, and all of the so called "overreaction" from fans.

Cory is much more consistent and right now is working way harder to help the team win thus why he is in net now! As for all the rumors of Luo leaving and so on it is all sepculation and people love to speculate, so for this to be called "overeaction" is an "overreaction" in it's self, we are all sharring opinions and thoughts here nothing more!

Canucks win series 7-6!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!

3 Years ago , chicago rocked lou,s confidence beyond repair..... :sadno: allowing 7 goals in gm 7..... The following season he proved to all he that he wasnt affected by it.. he bounced back with great REG SEASON.........Lookin 4 redemption he announced he was lookin forward to playoff rematch......started fine till chicago,s offense got to him and 12 goals in last 2 losses... okay 3 times the charm, NOT.. last playoffs he let in 16 more in final 3 gms. and snuck in to next round...

long n shortof it is LOu,s awesome REG SEason goalie. But he is not a pressure goalie once a team gets in to his head.. i hope im wrong but lou wont steal us a cup ...... Schneider so far hasnt shown that A Whole lot seems to Rattle him..... ..THE CLINCHER IS

BOTH GOALIES HAVE BEEN GREAT WE NEED CONSISTENT OFFENSE FOR 3 MORE GMS...... :towel:....... :bigblush:

GO NUCKS..... :canucks:

I too am a fan of both. I have supported Luongo since day 1 and still support him and think he is our #1 keeper.

Now having said that, it is almost guaranteed that Schneider will be our starter for the remainder of the playoffs.

If he wins he will continue to start and if he loses we are out.

Vancouver has had alot of great players but rarely any great goalies, because people will turn on the starter no matter what. Every single time, the same thing happens with our goalies. I don't think Vancouver's hockey culture is better than some cities you mentioned unless hockey culture is now jumping on and off the bandwagon after every single game.

I live in Montreal and I already find Habs fans incredibly annoying but from what I read on CDC, Vancouver fans are so much worse and it really is no surprise not many likes us and goalies don't want to come here because they'll be the ones getting the blame no matter what. Same thing every single time, with every single goalie.

So it's really the fans that let in 50 goals againt Boston last playoffs, not Lou. In fact, any of Lou's short comings can be blamed on the fans who don't pump his tires. How could Lou be held accountable for his own play? There are millions of "bad" Canucks fans to blame.

Sound logic.

Any contract can be renegotiated. Ask any lawyer. If both parties agree, the contract can be altered in any way they see fit.

Lou can be traded if he can be convinced it is in his and the Canucks' best interest. And it is most certainly looking like it's in both their best interest.

First and foremost I am a fan of the team and equally like both of our goalies. That being said I think everyone is overreacting to schneidermans first playoff win. Everyone I repeat FIRST playoff win and now all of a sudden it's the schneiderman era and Luo's era is over. Some of you need to first realize we are still in a 3-1 hole. I'm not saying that schneider is going to lose but face reality for a second some of you already thinking about the second round. IF schneider were to sign with a team this offseason I doubt it will be this one. Schneider who was the backup for Luo for so long knows he can do no wrong because he is the backup. If he resigns with the canucks it won't take long until he's thrown under the bus too. If i were in schneiders position I'd get the hell outa here asap. And if Luo gets traded I hope he goes to a team that appreciates what he had done and accomplished.

We are still in a steep hole that we need to climb out of. It's not yet the schneidermans era

Archived