The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks For A Great Season

Pyrene

Hope the CBA doesn't cause a lockout.. wouldn't be happy with this taste stuck in my mouth for a lengthy period of time.

Appreciate the team, but at the same time this team just never seemed to get it together this year. We won the president's trophy propped up by a weak NW.

Gonna be a long offseason!

Great season? First round exit is very disappointing. However, Kudos to the players that showed up in the post season.

Henrik really showed he is captain material. Best Canuck in the series besides Schneider. Hansen was fantastic.

Kessler, edler, booth, manny, Raymond, burrows, Higgins.... Where we're you?

The season was great. I am not exactly sure how we managed to lose (in so few games no less) to LA. They are a better team than many give them credit for, but I still don't exactly know where this team went wrong this year.

Oh well... excited to see what happens in the offseason - especially with our goaltending situation.

POSITIVE THINGS FOR NEXT YEAR:

- A longer offseason to get healthy and have a stronger season next year.

- Many players core and secondary clutch players (higgins, lappy, manny) signed for next year

- Several RFA's that MG can decide to keep or trade for picks depending on how he feels they performed and if they will fit in the plan (Raymond, Gragnani, Kassian)

- The king's ransom we will get for either Schneider or Luongo

- Knowledge that we have a great young goalie in Lack coming up soon.

- A great contract in Booth that we have for 3 more years, and the time he now has to get better chemistry with the team

-Ballards much better play since his concussion

-TANEV. Enough said.

- Decent cap space to make MG magic moves in the off season

- Salo feeling like hes up for another year.

This wasn't our year, I think 95% of CDCers knew it deep down this season.

I believe in the Canucks. 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

Regular seasons no longer matter to me as a fan of this team. It's all about the playoffs and once again this team falls apart.

So enjoy the presidents trophy you guys lucked into.

In the end the team got what they deserved (an early exit).

"There's always next year"

This season was nothing compared to last season in terms of the regular season. We played half-assed hockey for a long time and still rose to the top. I was hoping that when we'd get into the play-offs, everyone would turn into beasts. It didn't happen. It's going to be a long wait for hockey again in October. Let's see what MG does now.

It was a good season, a bit of a rough ride at times, definitely not the smooth season we got to enjoy last year. I had high hopes for the team this year, but like many my confidence wasn't near the level it was last year and I wasn't sure if we'd be able to go the distance two years in a row. As history shows having a deep run after making it to the finals is no easy task, especially with the improved competition in the west this year. Its just a shame it took the Canucks until game three to to get organized.

Some changes definitely need to be made in the off season, but i'll leave those up to management. However people who want to see this team shredded and start from scratch are overreacting. A complete rebuild would put us in a bad place for a few if not many years. Hopefully management makes the right moves in the offseason and we come back next year with the rest and determination to make a good run.

Now for the depressing process of deciding who to cheer for for the next couple months.

POSITIVE THINGS FOR NEXT YEAR:

- A longer offseason to get healthy and have a stronger season next year.

- Many players core and secondary clutch players (higgins, lappy, manny) signed for next year

- Several RFA's that MG can decide to keep or trade for picks depending on how he feels they performed and if they will fit in the plan (Raymond, Gragnani, Kassian)

- The king's ransom we will get for either Schneider or Luongo

- Knowledge that we have a great young goalie in Lack coming up soon.

- A great contract in Booth that we have for 3 more years, and the time he now has to get better chemistry with the team

-Ballards much better play since his concussion

-TANEV. Enough said.

- Decent cap space to make MG magic moves in the off season

- Salo feeling like hes up for another year.

This wasn't our year, I think 95% of CDCers knew it deep down this season.

I believe in the Canucks. 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

Archived