The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Second Vancouver Hockey Team In The Nhl?

Strombone1

second hockey team  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seattle, Portland, Vegas... or just move the Vancouver farm team here. Those are reasonable ideas.

It isn't that long ago, when the team wasn't very good that we could fill up a single arena (we could have built GM Place with 3,000 extra seats but didn't because we didn't want it to be so empty)... never mind for a 2nd team which no one has any history with.

The NBA keeps making rumblings about returning since we have an NBA ready arena... but I don't know if I am keen on that after having been a Grizzlies season ticket holder. I felt really burned by the league and the players were largely ignorant jackasses compared with those in hockey.

I suppose things could be different, there are a lot more international players now who wouldn't consider Vancouver to be the hinterland.

How is this the worst idea ever?

• Hockey is a business

• Vancouver is a big hockey market

• We're thirsty for the cup

• It would bring ticket prices down

• Season ticket waiting list would shorten drastically

• There would be twice the hockey

What part of that is the worst idea ever?

How is this the worst idea ever?

• Hockey is a business

• Vancouver is a big hockey market

• We're thirsty for the cup

• It would bring ticket prices down

• Season ticket waiting list would shorten drastically

• There would be twice the hockey

What part of that is the worst idea ever?

So now you want to limit it just to the NHL? If that's the case, then how could we all be Canucks?

Seriously though, I don't think the market could handle it. If a team moved here and it did poorly it would get no support at all. People would stay following their Canucks. Sure there are enough people in the area to fill an arena for an extra team, but are there enough corporate sponsors and such to make it work?

I think things are perfect in Vancouver (the whole Lower Mainland that is) for sports right now. For hockey you can choose from the NHL, AHL, WHL & BCHL. There's also the CFL, MLS, WLA and Single A baseball. Other than maybe the NLL, what more could you want?

OK this has been the most stupidest idea i have heard in my life. We are canucks fans and we should support the team that we are cheering. For those that are cheering for another team in Vancouver, u guys should just leave this forum.

Archived