The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

Bottom line is that Luongo plays for himself, his teammates and his family, as he has stated on more than one occasion. He does NOT play for the fans or the city or the media. That being said, why is anyone surprised that he would choose to do what is best for himself? I believe he craves attention, but only positive attention. Should he go to the Leafs, it could lead to epic melt downs, which do not seem to bother him.

He has been great while he has been here, in fact he was good enough to win a Cup last year, but the team was wore-out in front of him. I wish him well wherever he goes, but lets never kid ourselves .. Roberto is ALL about Roberto .. it is in the nature of the beast.

He's on right now,

Via TWit

Don Cherry@CoachsCornerCBC

Luongo has been the whipping boy in BC for a long time. If I were Canucks I would be careful about trading him though

6h cc-300_normal.jpgDon Cherry@CoachsCornerCBC

I wouldn't blame Luongo if he wants out of VAN. He's been the biggest escape goat of all time. If MacLean let's me, I'll have more tonight

I see the politics have begun.

There's no way Gillis camp released or leaked any of this information, so it has to be coming from Lu's camp. Gillis has signed Sturm, traded for Booth and Kassian, not a word of these transactions have been leaked to the public. Gillis knows it's in his best interests to keep these things quiet.

The fact that Lu publicly stated he would wave his no trade, then subsequently released the list of teams just hurts the Canucks organization. It hurts them cause now Gillis's has no leverage. There is no 'testing' the market place to see what Lu's worth, it's now 'we have to trade him, so what will you give us'. But leaking the list of teams hurts the most. Teams now know there's a 'small' list and who their competition is. It essentially eliminates Gillis's ability to play one team against eachother to increase Lu's value. Uhhh. Not impressed, Gillis is in a tough spot. Lu's camp doesn't gain anything from releasing this information publicly other than to make sure he's traded.

Nash is handling his mess well. He never publicly stated he requested a trade and the list of teams was never revealed. As a result, Columbus GM has all the leverage in the world.

I'm rather unimpressed that it's come to this.

I see the politics have begun.

There's no way Gillis camp released or leaked any of this information, so it has to be coming from Lu's camp. Gillis has signed Sturm, traded for Booth and Kassian, not a word of these transactions have been leaked to the public. Gillis knows it's in his best interests to keep these things quiet.

The fact that Lu publicly stated he would wave his no trade, then subsequently released the list of teams just hurts the Canucks organization. It hurts them cause now Gillis's has no leverage. There is no 'testing' the market place to see what Lu's worth, it's now 'we have to trade him, so what will you give us'. But leaking the list of teams hurts the most. Teams now know there's a 'small' list and who their competition is. It essentially eliminates Gillis's ability to play one team against eachother to increase Lu's value. Uhhh. Not impressed, Gillis is in a tough spot. Lu's camp doesn't gain anything from releasing this information publicly other than to make sure he's traded.

Nash is handling his mess well. He never publicly stated he requested a trade and the list of teams was never revealed. As a result, Columbus GM has all the leverage in the world.

I'm rather unimpressed that it's come to this.

He's on right now,

Via TWit

Don Cherry@CoachsCornerCBC

Luongo has been the whipping boy in BC for a long time. If I were Canucks I would be careful about trading him though

6h cc-300_normal.jpgDon Cherry@CoachsCornerCBC

I wouldn't blame Luongo if he wants out of VAN. He's been the biggest escape goat of all time. If MacLean let's me, I'll have more tonight

Well if a team who desperately wants him, MG will have the upper hand. If Luongo does really want out, it doesnt mean he has all the power, at the end of the day MG still have the power to trade Lu or not. And like again, if a team desperately wants Luongo, MG has the upper hand because he knows the other team will do anything to get Luongo

Archived