The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

hundreds of thousands or millions is nothing compared to the 7 Billion people on the planet, wont even make a dent.

also, from what I've read about Booth, he almost entirely eats hunted meat.

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

Next time he should keep the pictures for himself instead of showing the world his trophy (Twitter). We as humans have different opinions and mine is that killing a bear for fun is gutless and disgusting.

Can't believe how some dumb people compare killing a bear with killing and eat a chicken, SMH.

I think everyone needs to take a moment and read this....

http://www.thebestpa...c.cgi?u=animals

I'm tired of hearing all these bleeding heart nancy-boys crying about animal rights. They should be eaten along with the animals they so cherish. Those stupid jerks at Disney keep making those damned cartoons about wimpy ducks and fish that talk so kids these days don't go to Zoos expecting to see a hairy, red, baboon's ass, but a cute and cuddly Simba or Rafiki (Disney's The Lion King atrocity).

Animals don't have rights. They don't have rights, because people like me don't give them any. If a Bear in the woods feels like you violated its territory, tough crap, blow its head off. You have the "right" to be in a Bear's territory just as much as he does. I don't subscribe to that "he's just as afraid of you as you are of him" bull either. If the Bear was afraid of you, it would probably run away from you, rather than try to attack.. Unless the Bear is stupid, which he is.

I was driving to school the other day, when I came across a dog in the street. I must have been 30 yards away when I saw it, but the dog didn't move. When I came within 10 feet of the dog, I had to stop the car so the stupid animal would get out of the way, and not until after I considered getting out of my car to kick it. The dog was clearly stupid, and would have probably been killed by another driver. Why is it so stupid? Why should people go out of their way to preserve animals?

Where do you draw the line between what deserves to be saved and what doesn't? Do trees deserve to be saved? Do plants deserve to be saved? What about insects? If so, even Mosquitos? Rocks that get destroyed at a construction site? Yes, everything should be saved. I have an idea. We should all sit down on the least impressionable piece of land we can find and try not to kill anything or to hurt anyone's feelings and eat only tofu and sing happy songs about dancing fairies and flowers and children and smiles and laughter. We should be so happy that it hurts. We should live in harmony with the animals and we should spend hours hugging old people and riding the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney Land, and we should protest against people that wear fur, because wearing fur is mean.

We should all sport those wonderful "Mean People Suck" stickers on the back of our cars.. oh wait, cars are mean, I meant to say bikes made of 100% recyclable eco-friendly materials that don't harm anything. Then everything will be great. Is that what you tree huggers want? Then will you stop your incessant bitching? Well it's NEVER going to happen. People are going to eat meat, animals are going to die, and there's really nothing you can do about it except bitch until someone gets sick of you bitching and runs you over..

Animals have made people happy, animals have infatuated some people's imaginations, and even motivated others. Animals have even saved lives. So what? I'm still going to eat meat. I'm going to eat meat until I die. And when I die, I hope someone eats me too. If animals weren't so damn stupid, maybe I'd care. But until then, I'm going to look forward to eating if I'm going to be eating dead animal. If anything, people shouldn't eat plants. Plants are what keep us animals alive, yet people eat plants. Plants are so important, that without the direct aid of plants, we cannot live. But is this of any concern to the eco-friendly idiot? No. He just wants something to bitch about because there isn't a war.

There's over a billion cows in India releasing the largest supply of methane into the atmosphere, and devouring tons of feed each day, yet the animal rights activists don't seem to be bitching about that. No, they have much bigger fish to fry, like sailors trying to make a living by catching fish to feed their families with. I don't know what I'm talking about. Bottom line: Eat Meat, use the Earth and everything on it for what it's worth, Disney blows ass, bears are stupid, and I'm tired.

Well, I just lost respect for your uncle.

I kill animals for food and don't need to share it out with the world. That's out of respect for the animal.

What if a superior species came to this planet and killed you and then posted a picture of a dead you on their "social network". Would you be stoked about that? Would you feel respected?

I'm tired of hearing all these bleeding heart nancy-boys crying about animal rights. They should be eaten along with the animals they so cherish. Those stupid jerks at Disney keep making those damned cartoons about wimpy ducks and fish that talk so kids these days don't go to Zoos expecting to see a hairy, red, baboon's ass, but a cute and cuddly Simba or Rafiki (Disney's The Lion King atrocity).

Animals don't have rights. They don't have rights, because people like me don't give them any. If a Bear in the woods feels like you violated its territory, tough crap, blow its head off. You have the "right" to be in a Bear's territory just as much as he does. I don't subscribe to that "he's just as afraid of you as you are of him" bull either. If the Bear was afraid of you, it would probably run away from you, rather than try to attack.. Unless the Bear is stupid, which he is.

I was driving to school the other day, when I came across a dog in the street. I must have been 30 yards away when I saw it, but the dog didn't move. When I came within 10 feet of the dog, I had to stop the car so the stupid animal would get out of the way, and not until after I considered getting out of my car to kick it. The dog was clearly stupid, and would have probably been killed by another driver. Why is it so stupid? Why should people go out of their way to preserve animals?

Where do you draw the line between what deserves to be saved and what doesn't? Do trees deserve to be saved? Do plants deserve to be saved? What about insects? If so, even Mosquitos? Rocks that get destroyed at a construction site? Yes, everything should be saved. I have an idea. We should all sit down on the least impressionable piece of land we can find and try not to kill anything or to hurt anyone's feelings and eat only tofu and sing happy songs about dancing fairies and flowers and children and smiles and laughter. We should be so happy that it hurts. We should live in harmony with the animals and we should spend hours hugging old people and riding the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney Land, and we should protest against people that wear fur, because wearing fur is mean.

We should all sport those wonderful "Mean People Suck" stickers on the back of our cars.. oh wait, cars are mean, I meant to say bikes made of 100% recyclable eco-friendly materials that don't harm anything. Then everything will be great. Is that what you tree huggers want? Then will you stop your incessant bitching? Well it's NEVER going to happen. People are going to eat meat, animals are going to die, and there's really nothing you can do about it except bitch until someone gets sick of you bitching and runs you over..

Animals have made people happy, animals have infatuated some people's imaginations, and even motivated others. Animals have even saved lives. So what? I'm still going to eat meat. I'm going to eat meat until I die. And when I die, I hope someone eats me too. If animals weren't so damn stupid, maybe I'd care. But until then, I'm going to look forward to eating if I'm going to be eating dead animal. If anything, people shouldn't eat plants. Plants are what keep us animals alive, yet people eat plants. Plants are so important, that without the direct aid of plants, we cannot live. But is this of any concern to the eco-friendly idiot? No. He just wants something to bitch about because there isn't a war.

There's over a billion cows in India releasing the largest supply of methane into the atmosphere, and devouring tons of feed each day, yet the animal rights activists don't seem to be bitching about that. No, they have much bigger fish to fry, like sailors trying to make a living by catching fish to feed their families with. I don't know what I'm talking about. Bottom line: Eat Meat, use the Earth and everything on it for what it's worth, Disney blows ass, bears are stupid, and I'm tired.

thank you for the class in semantics, but i know humans are technically animals. I think you know what i meant by that though.

edit: and by the way, the fact that we're so close to bears in the "kingdom Animalia", seems to me to be yet another reason not to kill a bear and boast about it on twitter.

The ignorance from the anti hunting crowd is really frustrating. Sure Booth probably shouldn't have posted that pic, but people are being a little hard on him. Every aspec of hunting super regulated, with the focus on the animal and the enviroment. Over population is bad for everything.

What about fishing, people generally don't have the same problem with it. Why? Think about it, your dragging it out of its home with a hook through its mouth, then clubbing it over its head until its dead. Would you rather die that way?

And how about how most people get their meat, from the grocery store. Animals grown for the sole purpose of eating. Poked and prodded, stuck is small areas, never really free. How is that fair to the animal? It never has a chance.

I'm a hunter, and I think deer are amazing. Their so much smarted then people think. Some how they seem to know when it's hunting season. Trust me, it's not easy. Most of the time you can be out for a week in the bush, and come home empty handed, which is still fun. My point is, most hunters probably respect, appreciate and understand the animals more then most people. We're not gun toting maniacs lying awake at night just waiting for our chance to kill something. I run into many hunters out in the bush, and most of them are some of the nicest people you can meet.

I know many people are very stuck on their hate, but I encourage everyone to look into hunting from an neutral point of view. You'll find that it's actually a good thing. If these animals over populate, they'll either die because they'll eat through their food supply which would also effect many other animals, or because they start coming into our cities. Hunting is way to manage their population, for the good of the animals and the enviroment, and a great way to get healthy natural meat.

"i've taken care of cows. cows are dumb as a rock. they don't have meaningful relationships. they go around being cows, eating and pooping, until one day someone hits them on the head real good. then we cut all the food off of them.

bears are beautiful. they're smart and depending on the kind of bear they're social, and curious. this may be an artificial or superficial line to make, but it's the same one that makes it easy to squash an ant, and hard to kill a dog."

I'm a dairy farmer and have killed many bears, and while cows are frustrating they definitely have social lives, and social status in the herd, they actually spend about 2 hours a day strictly socializing with other cows, and they actually can be pretty clever, and are very curious animals as well (and die horrible deaths thanks to you city folk that can't work for your own meat) the bears that come in and trash my silage and scare my grandma and her grandkids...... not so much

Wow, gotta' love all the bleeding hearts out there, crying about about how hunting is "unethical" or making claims about the "fact" that animals don't kill for pleasure.

Seriously? Your knowledge of the natural world could fit on a post-it note.

Bear is perfectly edible and I highly doubt that David Booth killed that bear for no other reason than to hang it on his wall. If that is the case, how is hunting a bear any worse than eating a burger made from the meat of cattle that is bred to die (and not exactly raised in 5 star accommodations)?

Archived