Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Agent Still Resides In Mg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#91 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

This thread should be renamed 'The Whipping Post.'
Posted Image

#92 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

The guy who paid the 20 million says you're wrong.

Actually, the guy who paid 20M has no time to deal with petty internet posters like nucknit. He's off running a hockey franchise.

#93 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Common sense tells me that applies to all you Nuck Nits.

#94 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Brutal. Just brutal.

First of all, nobody can figure out which 'that' is you are talking about. Then you go on to use your own childish username to call out everyone on the board. What, is that supposed to be funny? Is your username supposed to be funny?

You're wasting everyone's time. Please improve. Regards.

TOML
Posted Image

#95 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Summer conundrum for you there,TO.

I am sure you don't feel too bad as you have nothing to do,anyways.

#96 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Conundrum. Yeah, i decided that you're not allowed to use that word, nucknit Esp. since whatever you might be applying that word to does not apply. There's is nothing difficult to solve in any of your posts. There is nothing amusing in any of your posts. There is just nothing.

I can spend zero effort here and still look like i'm being epic, because the bar you set is being set so low. Lower than zero? Yeah, that sounds about right.

I say 'please improve' and still i get nothing. I am disappointed. Regards.

TOML
Posted Image

#97 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Wow It's been a long time since the word "duh" has gone through my head as a first response.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Well as a tendency of Gillis there are a lot. The first one, or at least the first one I noticed was Steve Bernier. Way over hyped by Gillis - was he not. The most recent was Kassian and would toss in Grags. Not saying Kassian will not turn into something better but after watching him play Gillis's presentation of the guy including Grags was clearly stretched. Like most people i was pretty surprised at how just undeveloped or raw these guys were.

Yeah don't forget with Sundin we were according to Gillis getting one of the best players in the world.

I was going to go with Bernier, Oreo and Kassian.
Bernier was and is a 3rd line RW, hyped to be the next Anson Carter.
He was playing fairly well as a Canuck 3rd liner with Welly and Pyatt, but not living up to the hype.
Traded for Oreo who received the same hype and cannot make the team as a 4th liner.
So a trade is made for Kassian, who has the same hype and so far is not living up to it.

#99 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yeah don't forget with Sundin we were according to Gillis getting one of the best players in the world.

His last season with the Leafs before he joined us he had 78 points in 74 games....

I would definitely classify that as one of the best in the world..

#100 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

I, NEVER will be.

Your not going to be happy in a few years...

#101 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

So a trade is made for Kassian, who has the same hype and so far is not living up to it.

A 20 year old rookie who went from the OHL, played 30 games in the AHL and then into the NHL in one season didn't tear it up?

Give the guy some time...

#102 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

This whole Sundin thing is an example as well. Gillis at the time called him one of best players in the league and one of only a few who would be worth a 10 million.

He was one of the best players in the league...he put up 78 points in 74 games in his last season in Toronto (more points than any Canuck that season).

He was one of the best players in the league at the time... I don't see where the "false hype" is derived from...

#103 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was going to go with Bernier, Oreo and Kassian.
Bernier was and is a 3rd line RW, hyped to be the next Anson Carter.
He was playing fairly well as a Canuck 3rd liner with Welly and Pyatt, but not living up to the hype.
Traded for Oreo who received the same hype and cannot make the team as a 4th liner.

Yeah good recall - Oreo was another oversold player

#104 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yeah good recall - Oreo was another oversold player

Don't forget Santala...wait.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

No. Only GMMG oversells players.

Because he was an agent.

I've popped a few now today. Not making any more sense. But at least i'm having a good time. Happy Victoria Day Weekend, everyone.

TOML
Posted Image

#106 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Gillis is good manager, but sometimes he's to analytical and thinks too much. He needs to be bold sometimes and not be afraid to move top players around. I mean who cares, this isn't soccer where there is threat of relegation. There is always a guaranteed next season or a top draft pick if you fail one season. Don't be afraid to move players around, this has always been a problem in my opinion about Canucks gm's. There always so careful about trading players and making bold moves.

#107 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

'Not thinking a lot' led to the Messier signing, a 'bold move', where we had to buy him out later on.

Now some fools will say that the Sundin signing was the same thing, but it really wasn't. First off, no buyout. Second, he wasn't the most despised Canuck ever.

No, i'm pretty sure that i want a GM to be a thinker. If he did every thing that CDC suggested with little thought, we'd be deregulated to the AHL by now. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#108 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

'Not thinking a lot' led to the Messier signing, a 'bold move', where we had to buy him out later on.

Now some fools will say that the Sundin signing was the same thing, but it really wasn't. First off, no buyout. Second, he wasn't the most despised Canuck ever.

No, i'm pretty sure that i want a GM to be a thinker. If he did every thing that CDC suggested with little thought, we'd be deregulated to the AHL by now. Cheers.

TOML

No, there is no way of knowing how things will turn out. Who knew Richards and Carter would benefit LA considering there reputation. LA took a risk and its worked. Messier and Sundin could have worked too. You got to try to at least to know if there are benefits.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.