The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

It's funny how people reason that when the team wins it was Luongo bailing the team out and when the team loses its not his fault but the teams. Shows how much Lu followers like to make excuses just like Luongo himself. Quite ironic eh....

I always say that he was fantastic in the wins, but he was awful in the losses. That's the thing about Luongo is that you never know in the playoffs which Luongo is going to show up on a game to game basis. When he's good he's awesome, when he's not good he looks like a beer league player.

The fact that this even became an issue amongst Canucks fans who, as a group, were incredibly pro-Luongo a few years ago...shows how badly Schneider has been outplaying Luongo since then. They are worlds apart and their stats reflect it. Add onto that the fact that Schneider is both younger and much cheaper. There is no reason to keep Luongo, none at all. Loyalty to a player is good up to a point, but when you start to make decisions that negatively affect the team in order to stay loyal to that player, then you've got a big problem.

The fact that this even became an issue amongst Canucks fans who, as a group, were incredibly pro-Luongo a few years ago...shows how badly Schneider has been outplaying Luongo since then. They are worlds apart and their stats reflect it. Add onto that the fact that Schneider is both younger and much cheaper. There is no reason to keep Luongo, none at all. Loyalty to a player is good up to a point, but when you start to make decisions that negatively affect the team in order to stay loyal to that player, then you've got a big problem.

I don't even know why people keep beating a dead horse...

With either goalie, we'll still have a good chance at winning the Stanley cup. However, which offensive players we can bring in with either trade is going to be the difference maker...

"Elimination games" work both ways. Last year, we played 9 games where we could eliminate our opponent, and won 3 of them. These games require extra mental fortitude as well.

Luongo's stats in those 9 games: 3.41 GAA, .884 Save%

Perhaps if we finished off Chicago earlier, we would have had enough left in the tank to finish off Boston. But the boys were completely spent.

Then how can you go outside, if your afraid that a car would hit you? Everything in life is a gamble, and sometimes it paysoff and sometimes it doesn't. You can't just be afraid to make any decisions thinking what if. La probably thought of the risks of trading for Richards and Carter, they took a gamble and it payed off.

I am pro Gillis getting the best marginal return for the goalie who is dealt.

If the return for Cory is a premium, and the return on Luongo is diminished it makes sense to deal Schneider if there is a significant gap is quality of return.

This also works the other way, in that if a biddin war drives up Luongos price and we can get what is essentially market value for Luongo, you keep the younger of the two.

I actually was a lu lover just like you, but that changed when he kept underperforming. My belief is he was one but not anymore, he was being overrated. If you grow up a little you will realise he is not that elite goalie.

Archived