Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Good morning Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#31 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Nail on the head!!

We're playing with fire on this one.

Schneider wants a commitment fromMG that he's the #1 going forward. So far MG has given him no indication that this is the case. He may be an RFA this season and is restricted to his options but, next year he's a UFA. If he get's there, he he holds all the cards and I don't think coming back would be an option. Add to that the possibility of a team signing him to a one year deal with a rediculous wage increase (it could happen)and we could wind up in a world of hurt. Every GM out there knows Schneider wants to be #1 and that he wants Lou out of there before he commits to Vancouver. MG never got it done,so Schneider may have a look at his market value. He could quite conceivably get a 1

Lou has already fallen out of favor with Vancouver fans and his statement about waiving his no trade clause in favor of a move didn't help. It's unfortunate that MG got forced into a situation where he had no option but to accept a retarded contract with rediculous terms. I remember saying how rediculous it was when they first announced it. Now it's biting both, MG and Lou in the ass. MG can't deal him and Lou is gonna have a rough season next year, if he will even show. The only saving grace would be if he decides to wait it out at home. At least then we could suspend him without pay.

Lou does need to go ASAP before we end up getting burned.

Posted Image

#32 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Nail on the head!!

Not really. Luongo hasn't fallen out of favor with Some friends and I. And we're Vancouver fans. So at least part of that statement is false. And I disagree with most of it. The Canucks are in great shape and I'm not buying into the hype on CDC.

Aaaaaaand just to add. The fact Toronto has gone a different route only adds to my argument that Vancouver is in a strong position. If we weren't we would have already moved luongo for less to T.O. So if it's true that the Canucks are desperate then a trade is imminent. Lu for a bag o pucks. But I will believe it when the deal is signed.

Edited by Special Ed, 24 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#33 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Good morning thanks for another completely redundant thread where a post by OP in an already existing ménage of threads would have sufficed.

I'll take a fruit cup over pancakes or waffles.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#34 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

If we don't trade Luongo soon, we won't be able to sign Schneider. We will open Schneider up to offer sheets from other teams and even if the Canucks match the offer sheet, a team like the Blackhawks could make us pay through the nose for him. That could take millions off of our cap next year and render Gillis incapable of negotiating with free agents (a no-lose situation for Chi-town). Of course, Chicago wouldn't try to do that to us would they?

#35 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

If they don't find a buyer for Louie, Cory will want out.Trading Schneider would mean no cup in Vancouver for a long time! They can't keep both because it's too expensive and Cory would be unhappy that he's not starting most games. End result : they have to trade Louie for the best available offer or their screwed.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#36 Beeznuts84

Beeznuts84

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I couldn't agree more with special ed.
I have heard a lot about CS saying he won't sign untill Lou is gone, but I can't find when or where he said that, and I like to think that I follow the news pretty close. IMO Burke is under the gun, not Gillis.
If we arent going to get the return we want, then fine, let TO start the season with 2 shakey goalies and poor defensive core.
Burke needs Lou, all we have to do is wait.

#37 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Good morning thanks for another completely redundant thread where a post by OP in an already existing ménage of threads would have sufficed.

I'll take a fruit cup over pancakes or waffles.

You are a fruit cup. I'm not interested in posting in the 'woe is me threads. I made a thread actually with the purpose of saying 'everything's fine let's move on'. No my fault every single person on the forum is talking about one thing only. At least here its positive. Until negative nancies started prancing around.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#38 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

If we don't trade Luongo soon, we won't be able to sign Schneider. We will open Schneider up to offer sheets from other teams and even if the Canucks match the offer sheet, a team like the Blackhawks could make us pay through the nose for him. That could take millions off of our cap next year and render Gillis incapable of negotiating with free agents (a no-lose situation for Chi-town). Of course, Chicago wouldn't try to do that to us would they?

So fire Gillis, hire......... You? Everyone just needs to step back and relax. Situation is under control. Everything is A-ok. That's why we haven't traded yet and that's my point. Let's have the situation marinate awhile and see what happens. We can talk about the new prospects or free agents instead.

#39 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

That "no lose" situation for the Hawks wouldn't be so "no lose" if we did the same thing to them next year.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#40 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

If they don't find a buyer for Louie, Cory will want out.Trading Schneider would mean no cup in Vancouver for a long time!

Really? Not long ago we made it to the cup finals. Granted we did poorly but we still made it and had a chance... WITH LUONGO. So now you say we trade Schneider we are worse off? At worst if Schneider is anywhere near as good as he's portrayed on CDC, we get a great return right? And still have luongo who gave us some pretty good runs. Seems like this is just a new flavor issue like how people want a new jersey in Vancouver every year.

#41 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

OP, thats great, except that Cory won't sign here if Luongo is here. So, we don't have 2 goalies, we have one.

#42 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

OP, thats great, except that Cory won't sign here if Luongo is here. So, we don't have 2 goalies, we have one.

Any proof of that to contradict Corey's own words?
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#43 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

You are a fruit cup. I'm not interested in posting in the 'woe is me threads. I made a thread actually with the purpose of saying 'everything's fine let's move on'. No my fault every single person on the forum is talking about one thing only. At least here its positive. Until negative nancies started prancing around.

Lol.

Yay for you and your positive opinion.

Where's the new substance threads require?

And where do you get the negativity woe us me stuff from? People with different opinions then yours? Posters hypothesizing different trade scenarios? Expressions of concern for the direction of the team?

Sounds like opinion not malcontent. If in a redundant thread.
Posted Image

When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#44 A-Dose-Of-Reality

A-Dose-Of-Reality

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

The caveat in all of this is that Schneider will not sign long term or at all until Lui is dealt. Why would he? While Lou is still a Canuck, if Schneider hits a skid, and we all know there will be times, he could lose his spot again... Luongo for JVR or for Gudbrandson and I put all this behind us.

We then have some real cap space to chase Parise at July 1...

#45 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

It constantly amazes me that people will consider a thread redundant and STILL feel they must add their meaningless two cents worth to it .. if a thread is redundant, then avoid posting on it and it will die .. great thread Special Ed .. it is about being positive, a rare emotion and seldom seen in these here parts .. :towel:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#46 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Lol.

Yay for you and your positive opinion.

Where's the new substance threads require?

And where do you get the negativity woe us me stuff from? People with different opinions then yours? Posters hypothesizing different trade scenarios? Expressions of concern for the direction of the team?

Sounds like opinion not malcontent. If in a redundant thread.

The new substance is 'the Vancouver Canucks are just fine'. I haven't seen enough of that and it's the reason for my post. Your bash against waffles upset me more than anything else :)

Edited by Special Ed, 24 June 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#47 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

It constantly amazes me that people will consider a thread redundant and STILL feel they must add their meaningless two cents worth to it .. if a thread is redundant, then avoid posting on it and it will die .. great thread Special Ed .. it is about being positive, a rare emotion and seldom seen in these here parts .. :towel:

Thanks. I was just tired of seeing all the negative reactions and speculation lately. I thought it was time to take the Canucks off CDCs hands and give it back to where it counts. The people who are working hard on details we know little about, while trying to keep everyone else happy in the meantime. I firmly belive that everything is under control and that we as fans can relax.

#48 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

The new substance is 'the Vancouver Canucks are just fine'. I haven't seen enough of that and it's the reason for my post. Your bash against waffles upset me more than anything else :)

It's because I felt the need for health this morning after three rib eyes, half a dozen jumbo prawns, chorizos, muscles, baked goods, and beer after beer.

I opted fruit this morning
Posted Image

#49 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,695 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't buy that Schneider is going to be 'demanding' a #1 spot. We drafted Schneider and he's a character guy. I feel like ultimately Schneider wants to play in Vancouver. And that both Schneider and Luongo could split games until the right move is made. What needs to be done is both our city and the players have to be taken care of. Rushing it is not good for either party and I feel confident it will work out for all involved.

So you don't believe Schneider when he says he wants to be a starter? He's on record saying he wants to be a starter, if not here than somewhere else.

#50 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Holding on to Luongo is the smartest choice, at least for now. If we can't get at least what he's worth to this team back in terms of value, there's absolutely no reason to make a trade.

Personally I feel that Schneider is still unproven, and what's more going with just one goalie is a big risk. This team has high expectations, being one injury away from having Lack behind this high-powered roster is just foolish. Luongo has been talked down so much recently his value is close to negative. Trading him now violates the most basic trading principle, "buy low, sell high." Trading Luongo now would be selling low, lower, lowest. Remember, Luongo's record with the Canucks: out in 2nd round, missed playoffs (he was hurt), out in 2nd, out in 2nd, out in Finals, out in 1st. We're coming off Lu's worst finish ever with the Canucks in a season where he was healthy, and it wasn't even him in net for the clinching losses. To trade him now, when his value is at an all-time low, would be stupid, the only reason we should do it is if he's demanded a trade behind the scenes. What could we have gotten for him this time last season, compared to now? That's why he shouldn't go anywhere.

Luongo, he's a guy who everyone in the League has watched so much the last four seasons, his tendencies have been picked apart and analyzed completely, shooters have a book on him, teams have a book on him, video guys have all that material to work with. And he's still a top-ten goalie in the NHL, undisputably. Schneider, he has a ton of potential, we've seen briefly what he can do, he came so close to outdueling Quick. But nobody's really game-planned for him, he's never started a full season as the number one. He hasn't really had to deal with teams going after his tendencies, exploiting his weak points. Even Canucks fans, we don't really know what his weaknesses are other than puckhandling, we haven't seen him play enough. Neither have the other teams or players. That makes his value in trade as high as it will ever be right now. Everyone has seen his potential, they don't know his weaknesses or even if he has any.

Schneider has MORE value to other teams than he does to the Canucks. Luongo has LESS. The ideal situation is we bring them both back and they get along well enough to split time again (we can hope!). Second-best is we deal Schneider to the East for a good haul in return. Worst is we deal Lu to Toronto, Chicago, or within the conference for little return.

Gillis ought to stand pat unless someone publicly requests a trade or someone just blows his doors off with a stupid offer.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#51 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,159 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

Out in 1st with Cory in net. Stop blaming the guy when he wasnt even playing.
Agreed Cory is not proven, not even a reg season number 1. The status quo will prevail unless MG can pull off a sweet deal with trading either Cory or lui.

The bigger problem with nux is not goaltending. We all know that. That is where the focus is for off season, getting better D and grit, and that may come via a goalie trade.

Holding on to Luongo is the smartest choice, at least for now. If we can't get at least what he's worth to this team back in terms of value, there's absolutely no reason to make a trade.

Personally I feel that Schneider is still unproven, and what's more going with just one goalie is a big risk. This team has high expectations, being one injury away from having Lack behind this high-powered roster is just foolish. Luongo has been talked down so much recently his value is close to negative. Trading him now violates the most basic trading principle, "buy low, sell high." Trading Luongo now would be selling low, lower, lowest. Remember, Luongo's record with the Canucks: out in 2nd round, missed playoffs (he was hurt), out in 2nd, out in 2nd, out in Finals, out in 1st. We're coming off Lu's worst finish ever with the Canucks in a season where he was healthy, and it wasn't even him in net for the clinching losses. To trade him now, when his value is at an all-time low, would be stupid, the only reason we should do it is if he's demanded a trade behind the scenes. What could we have gotten for him this time last season, compared to now? That's why he shouldn't go anywhere.

Luongo, he's a guy who everyone in the League has watched so much the last four seasons, his tendencies have been picked apart and analyzed completely, shooters have a book on him, teams have a book on him, video guys have all that material to work with. And he's still a top-ten goalie in the NHL, undisputably. Schneider, he has a ton of potential, we've seen briefly what he can do, he came so close to outdueling Quick. But nobody's really game-planned for him, he's never started a full season as the number one. He hasn't really had to deal with teams going after his tendencies, exploiting his weak points. Even Canucks fans, we don't really know what his weaknesses are other than puckhandling, we haven't seen him play enough. Neither have the other teams or players. That makes his value in trade as high as it will ever be right now. Everyone has seen his potential, they don't know his weaknesses or even if he has any.

Schneider has MORE value to other teams than he does to the Canucks. Luongo has LESS. The ideal situation is we bring them both back and they get along well enough to split time again (we can hope!). Second-best is we deal Schneider to the East for a good haul in return. Worst is we deal Lu to Toronto, Chicago, or within the conference for little return.

Gillis ought to stand pat unless someone publicly requests a trade or someone just blows his doors off with a stupid offer.

Posted Image

#52 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

So fire Gillis, hire......... You? Everyone just needs to step back and relax. Situation is under control. Everything is A-ok. That's why we haven't traded yet and that's my point. Let's have the situation marinate awhile and see what happens. We can talk about the new prospects or free agents instead.

I never said fire Gillis, or anything even close to that. I'm just giving one very possible consequence of "letting the situation marinate".

#53 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

If keel both goalies gillis is going to have his hands full trying figure out what to do with elder and burrows. They need raises too.

#54 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Luo is gone,Ed.

I suggest putting fish on the breakfast table.

#55 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ed,get your information act together before coming to the breakfast table.

#56 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Luo is gone,Ed.

I suggest putting fish on the breakfast table.

Wow Lu is gone? When was he traded? You should break the news to everyone else.

Oh and source ;)

#57 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wow Lu is gone? When was he traded? You should break the news to everyone else.

Oh and source ;)

Luo was under the bus so he packed and left.

Glad you brought your homework to the breakfast table.

Pass the pickled herring.

#58 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

all we need is a TOP 3 Power Forward that can finish,
2 x TOP Defensemen (a TOP 4 + TOP 6)
and 2-3 super heavyweights. :lol:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#59 Trevor19Naslund

Trevor19Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

great positive attitude.
>> This VIDEO Is What We Live For <<
Posted Image
Wish List: Backes, Palmieri, VanRiemsdyk, Chris Stewart, Dustin Brown, Clowe, Burish, Stoll, Ott.

#60 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

So you don't believe Schneider when he says he wants to be a starter? He's on record saying he wants to be a starter, if not here than somewhere else.

did he not follow that up by saying that he will abide, this year, by what MG plans to do? I think it was in the year-end interview, that he said this. Both goalies respect each other, and are willing to ride the pine while the other is hot. Why not keep them both? I'm enjoying the positive thinking here, need more of it!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.