The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good morning Vancouver

Special Ed

It's a good day to wake up and see Luongo wasn't traded for a terrible return. According to many armchair GMs luongo is now a backup, too old and nobody wants him. I say luongo will start the regular season a #1, goalies age well and everybody wants him.

The fact that Lu hasn't moved tells me management is doing a great job. Its called patience. We have some newly drafted players and two very good goalies. When one of our goalies move we will benefit of that there is no doubt.

As time goes on those offers become more significant. Many Canucks fans are notoriously impatient here and want a new jersey every week. That attitude is not good for trading no matter how bad you want luongo gone.

This is me voicing my opinion that we are in great shape. Even if we enter the regular season with both goalies, we will be fine. Free agents are better than trading to T.O. For nothing. Don't be surprised if Schneider gets shopped. If one team throws a ridiculous offer at us for Schneider, it still makes sense to move him.

So let's take a closer look at our new prospects, sit back and relax today. There is no reason to be upset that no moves were made because like I said. No moves made at this point = management doing a good job. When a move is made its because we got the offer we wanted not the offer 'we had to take'. We aren't desperate.

Heh, you listen to the Toronto media and Gillis should be the luckiest man alive to be offered Komisarik. You know because a d-man that can hardly crack the line up on one of the worst defensesive teams with a horrid cap hit is totally worth a bonafide #1 goalie in the league.

Canucks aren't going to get what Luongo is worth because of the length of the contract. But, as stated before, there are out clauses that other teams could use. Which begs the question, are they playing dumb in order to drive down the price on Luongo?

We're playing with fire on this one.

Schneider wants a commitment fromMG that he's the #1 going forward. So far MG has given him no indication that this is the case. He may be an RFA this season and is restricted to his options but, next year he's a UFA. If he get's there, he he holds all the cards and I don't think coming back would be an option. Add to that the possibility of a team signing him to a one year deal with a rediculous wage increase (it could happen)and we could wind up in a world of hurt. Every GM out there knows Schneider wants to be #1 and that he wants Lou out of there before he commits to Vancouver. MG never got it done,so Schneider may have a look at his market value. He could quite conceivably get a 1

Lou has already fallen out of favor with Vancouver fans and his statement about waiving his no trade clause in favor of a move didn't help. It's unfortunate that MG got forced into a situation where he had no option but to accept a retarded contract with rediculous terms. I remember saying how rediculous it was when they first announced it. Now it's biting both, MG and Lou in the ass. MG can't deal him and Lou is gonna have a rough season next year, if he will even show. The only saving grace would be if he decides to wait it out at home. At least then we could suspend him without pay.

Lou does need to go ASAP before we end up getting burned.

Schneider wants a commitment fromMG that he's the #1 going forward. So far MG has given him no indication that this is the case. He may be an RFA this season and is restricted to his options but, next year he's a UFA. If he get's there, he he holds all the cards and I don't think coming back would be an option. Add to that the possibility of a team signing him to a one year deal with a rediculous wage increase (it could happen)and we could wind up in a world of hurt. Every GM out there knows Schneider wants to be #1 and that he wants Lou out of there before he commits to Vancouver. MG never got it done,so Schneider may have a look at his market value. He could quite conceivably get a 1

Lou has already fallen out of favor with Vancouver fans and his statement about waiving his no trade clause in favor of a move didn't help. It's unfortunate that MG got forced into a situation where he had no option but to accept a retarded contract with rediculous terms. I remember saying how rediculous it was when they first announced it. Now it's biting both, MG and Lou in the ass. MG can't deal him and Lou is gonna have a rough season next year, if he will even show. The only saving grace would be if he decides to wait it out at home. At least then we could suspend him without pay.

I dont really agree...as time goes by, the offer will decrease and teams will be less interested in Luongo.

This is the time where teams makes major shakeup, between draft and july 5th ish. After that when we get to August teams are usually completed and teams are planning training camp and the start of the season. Specially if it looks like the season will start late because of the CBA negociation, teams will be reluctant to trade for Luongo before everything is settle.

Also teams will know Canucks are more and more impatient to unload Luongo before the start of the season. Despite Gillis saying he's fine starting the season with 2 goalies, i'm sure he'd rather start with 1. Otherwise a controversy will start to grow.

Now is the time where teams will overpay IMO.

The only reason he hasn't been moved is because of his short list.

If that list didn't exist, he would have been gone Friday afternoon.

People are going back and forth saying who "holds the cards", Gillis or Burke?

Neither. It's Luongo.

It's a matter of opinion really. Mine still being that we aren't desperate and could possibly go into the season with two good goalies. If there are no good offers on the table for management they still have plenty of time. It's a matter of communication and keeping everyone's best interests at heart.

Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean everyone else should be subjected to one view. The point I have is today I'm happy with where we're at. A deal didn't get done because a deal wasn't there. It's better than all the other moaning being posted so move along if you don't like it ;)

Archived