The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why just 3 years?

Super_Canuck

Because he hasn't played a full year as a starting goalie and if he doesn't meet the heavy expectations Vancouver fans and media put on him in the next three years, Schnieder will be in Luongo's predicament and Lack will be in Schnieder in 2016.

MG would rather not be forced into another position of trading a goalie ruined by the Vancouver market.

Because we need defense. I like Luongo, but if you had a potentially good goalie in net for less, wouldn't you do the same? What irritates me about this situation is that Luongo needed a little better D in front of him.

Roberto Luongo's 12 year contract is only talked negatively because of Cory Schneider. His stats prove that he is a worth 5.3 mil/year for 12 years. The people that think he's overrated are bandwagoners. They've only seen Cory Schneider and his performance in the finals last year compared to Luongo. And wonder why he's paid 5.3 mil/year compared to Schneider's contract. If Cory Schneider hadn't emerged as a starting goalie, would Luongo be talked about so negatively? No. A 92.8% save percentage in 2011 and a 92.0 save percentage in 2012 gives no reason why Luongo is overrated and has a bad contract.

Roberto Luongo's 12 year contract is only talked negatively because of Cory Schneider. His stats prove that he is a worth 5.3 mil/year for 12 years. The people that think he's overrated are bandwagoners. They've only seen Cory Schneider and his performance in the finals last year compared to Luongo. And wonder why he's paid 5.3 mil/year compared to Schneider's contract. If Cory Schneider hadn't emerged as a starting goalie, would Luongo be talked about so negatively? No. A 92.8% save percentage in 2011 and a 92.0 save percentage in 2012 gives no reason why Luongo is overrated and has a bad contract.

Let's look at some numbers shall we

17th on all time wins list. on pace to be 2nd

8th all time for saves. on pace to be 1st

16th all time for Shutouts. on pace to 2nd

5th all time for Save% for goalies with more then 200 career starts.

His GAA his high at 2.52. which is still good for 36th all time. but think about those years i floridia that didn't help that. (his gaa for just his canucks years is 2.35 which is around 16th all time)

33rd all time in playoff wins

34th all time in playoff shutouts

45th all time in playoff gaa

19th all time in playoff Save%

Ya this guy is a bum. not worth keeping around at all. I love Lu and wish this situation wasn't happening to him. Although i don't dislike CS he has yet to prove himself with a few full seasons. I hope this all turns out the best for both goalies and of course that the Canucks as a whole become a better team with whatever direction they so choose.

1 - Price and Quick proved they can handle 60-70 games workload

2 - Schneider doesn't want to sign for 5-6 years, he knows if he does good his next contract will be huge. I'm surprise he got 3, I was sure he would have had 1-2 to prove himself.

3 - Do we really want to commit another 10 years 40-60 millions for a goalie that played 68 regular season games? I like Schneider he will be good, but still it's a big risks.

Bandwagoneer ginger groupies.

Laughable how 3 months ago their argument was Schneider was 100% ready to be starter and his stats prove it. While the real hockey fans argued he is not ready and his stats are artificially pumped because of Luongo.

Now I'm reading tones of caution and uncertainty. :D :D :D

Schneids is great....But not ready. He will never come close to Luongo's standard which is the sad thing of all.

So "real hockey fans" know Schneider's stats are artificially pumped up somehow because of Luongo? How does that even make sense? I'd love to hear your reasoning on how Luongo pumps up the other goalie's stats.

I'm also curious how you "know" for sure that Schneider will never reach Luongo's standard.

So "real hockey fans" know Schneider's stats are artificially pumped up somehow because of Luongo? How does that even make sense? I'd love to hear your reasoning on how Luongo pumps up the other goalie's stats.

I'm also curious how you "know" for sure that Schneider will never reach Luongo's standard.

Can someone please explain why they would only agree to a 3 year deal? and not longer? Corey is hitting his prime and will obviously still be in his prime 3 years from now, don't you guys think that we should've done a long term deal? Like 5-6 years? Quick got a 10 year deal (i'm not in favour of that long of a deal, having learned from the Luongo experience) Carey price is apparently set to sign for 6-7 years as per Bob Mckenzie

Schneider in my books is just as good as those guys. I hope 3 years from now he doesn't become too expensive that we are unable to re-sign him.

Archived