The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could today be the day we sign Doan and trade Luongo?

Italia2006

Doan's gain to this organization will never be able to fill the loss of Luongo, regardless of what we get in return for Lu.

You don't just trade a top-10 All-Time goalie and expect an unproven kid to do better. The day we trade Luongo and sign Doan will be the worst day in franchise history and a turning point in the Canucks organization for the worse.

Top 10 all time? I love Lou, but seriously?

Roy

Hasek

Dryden

Billy Smith

Parent

Brodeur

Sawchuk

Cheevers

Plante

Hall

That's just off the top of my head. Lou has been great in this city, but he's not in that class. In terms of "money" goalies you would want in a game 7 situation, Barasso, Fuhr and Vernon would also get honorable mentions.

I don't expect Schneider to do better, just more consistently and that we add something with the Luongo trade which gets us that extra step in the playoffs to win it all.

No offense but currently Lu has the second highest SO record among active NHL goalies, and is ranked 16th of all time, so out of the hundreds of NHL goalies of all time, being current #2 and 16th all time does deserve honorable mention. Especially since 80% of the goalies ahead of him retired before Lu was even born.

whatever if people can understand small children who mummble and people who are mentally challenged they should be able to understand poor english or poor grammer. You sound just like one of those people who are critical and who dont give a rats a%$ not a very good quality to have, and its a shame to the human race. Sounding like a twelve year old lol, my twelve year old probably has better grammer then most of us adults so your point is.

Top 10 all time? I love Lou, but seriously?

Roy

Hasek

Dryden

Billy Smith

Parent

Brodeur

Sawchuk

Cheevers

Plante

Hall

That's just off the top of my head. Lou has been great in this city, but he's not in that class. In terms of "money" goalies you would want in a game 7 situation, Barasso, Fuhr and Vernon would also get honorable mentions.

I don't expect Schneider to do better, just more consistently and that we add something with the Luongo trade which gets us that extra step in the playoffs to win it all.

Vancouver is still one of the best teams in the league and adding Doan makes this team even better. Oilers are very far away from being anywhere as good as a banged up, injured and aging team that Vancouver seems to be today by you. LA will have a cup hangover, just look at both Boston and Vancouver this last season so if Doan goal is to win a cup this next season I'm not sure LA makes the best choice. Honestly Vancouver would be a great choice for him our team core are still in their prime years, we're one of if not the best team in the league and adding Doan makes this team much better. If your Doan and wanting to win a cup for next season right now I think there are two clear options Vancouver or Pittsburgh, both are top elite teams who will be very hungry and well rested.

I think most here need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Justin Schultz choosing to play in Edmonton instead of Vancouver should have been a pretty strong signal of where the two teams' directions are likely headed. We had our shot, in 2011; all that we needed to do was not lose back-to-back games vs. Boston, which is exactly what happened. 2011-12 was a good year, but it didn't have the magic that 2010-11 did, and the 1st round exit really wasn't all that surprising (to me, anyway).

Shane Doan ain't gonna sign here. We have no 2nd line C right now until Christmas, and who knows how long Kesler will last once he's back. In fact, call me crazy, but I would not be surprised in the least to see Shane Doan wind up in EDMONTON, a la Justin Schultz.

It seems pretty evident, to me, that the feeling on the Canucks is one of great uncertainty right now. Kesler's health, an aging core, a 1st-time goalie starter, the Luongo drama, etc. I don't think this season's going to go too well. Don't bet on Doan signing here. I'd call it a very, very unlikely outcome.

There's so much that's wrong with your post.

1) Schultz's non-signing here doesn't mean the Canucks are on the down-turn. If that was the case, arguably the 2nd most sought after UFA defenceman Garrison, wouldn't have taken less money to sign here.

2) VAN's been at the top....the only place to go is down.....the only place for EDM is to go up.

I think most here need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Justin Schultz choosing to play in Edmonton instead of Vancouver should have been a pretty strong signal of where the two teams' directions are likely headed. We had our shot, in 2011; all that we needed to do was not lose back-to-back games vs. Boston, which is exactly what happened. 2011-12 was a good year, but it didn't have the magic that 2010-11 did, and the 1st round exit really wasn't all that surprising (to me, anyway).

Shane Doan ain't gonna sign here. We have no 2nd line C right now until Christmas, and who knows how long Kesler will last once he's back. In fact, call me crazy, but I would not be surprised in the least to see Shane Doan wind up in EDMONTON, a la Justin Schultz.

It seems pretty evident, to me, that the feeling on the Canucks is one of great uncertainty right now. Kesler's health, an aging core, a 1st-time goalie starter, the Luongo drama, etc. I don't think this season's going to go too well. Don't bet on Doan signing here. I'd call it a very, very unlikely outcome.

Just read that the guys collecting signatures aren't doing a good job and may not meet the deadline.

Should this be the case Doan is stayin' in the desert my friends!

They may have a challenge to have the deadline extended till the 16th.....

That's is another legal battle....

luongo didn't bring us to the finals... lol really common buddy...he blew it for us with all those 6 and 7 goal games he allowed.... it was when hammer, erhoff and bieska where playing out of their minds oh the twins, burrows, kesler, and lappier where the heart of the team...

Laurence Gilman says he spoke with Shane Doan on July 1 and again last night.

Bross tells CKWX that the Canucks called early for Doan and he and his client have held pleasent talks with the Canucks.

This morning Shane Doan's agent Terry Bross told CKWX News 1130 that the Canucks are very much in the mix for his client.

Bross tells CKWX that Doan has held talks with Lawrence Gillman and the Canucks, and could absolutely end up with the Canucks as they are on his short list of desired destinations.

Gillman and Doan go back to the Winnipeg Jets days and have a good relationship.

https://twitter.com/News1130Sports

But in addition to Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, San Jose, Montreal, and Phoenix are on his potential list of suitors.

Doan is having 'pleasent talks' with them also.

Agent Terry Bross via email: "They have been in contact and Shane is interested."

Archived