The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Solution for Mason Raymond?

RyanKeslord17

I actually like that idea IF he can be a reliable faceoff man. He does not bass a whole hell of alot but if you have a DOAN-KESLER-BOOTH line then your third is gonna look like HIGGINS-RAYMOND-HANSEN which is pretty decent.

Terrible, terrible terrible... wait... actually that's not half bad of an idea. It probably won't be done, but I wouldn't actually be against that idea. He has the potential to be defensively sound enough to play on the third line as a centre, and if his wingers are physical enough, it makes up for his size, where he can play a better positional game.

We also need to give Schroeder a chance during Kesler's absence, and Malhotra another chance to prove he's recovered. But if Raymond can transition to centre... well you know the old saying "You can never have to many centres."

What was his excuse the year before the injury? Also to the op do you not remember when Raymond was infront of kopitar on the inside lane and instead of skating into the puck and wrapping it around the boards or wheeling around the boards and taking it out himself he throws himself into the boards.. He's actually pretty bad defensively he's just fast enough to get to loose picks which gives him the illusion of being good defensively.

I can't beleive how often people keep trying to pass the buck on Raymond claiming the excuse that he was injured.. Even Raymond himself wouldn't use that to defend his own play.. I'm sure he'd be far too proud for that, but leave it to Canucks fans to give him yet another break (no pun intended) That, and what makes people think that Raymond would come back and play if he wasn't 100%? He may want to get back on the ice but I have to have faith in the staff and coaching to sit him out if he's not playing at an optimal health level.. so basically, if he has come back to the roster and is playing, one would have to beleive that he's at 100% and that to me would mean there is NO EXCUSE for poor play.. the ONLY thing that has any merrit is the lack of a training camp.. the injury argument though is nothing but a lame excuse.

SO many people say to keep giving him a chance.. what makes people think he will be any different? Its not like this is his second year playing in the NHL.. have people not been watching him play? He's average at BEST. I feel the same way with our coaching.. our PP was a disaster for a while now and yet what do they do? Nothing! If our special teams doesn't change it up this season you can expect to see more of the same puck movement to an eventual shot or two which is easily cleared and then pp is wasted.

I can't understand why people want Raymond to stick around when its clear that there are better options, even starting some of our junior players to give them some NHL experience to me would at least achieve something positive rather than Raymond sitting on his performance plateau achieving the same season after season, which is ultimately disappointment more than it is impressive play.

I'm sorry, I want to see the "mediocre play" removed from our team.. Raymond's play is medioce.. injured or healthy.. it just is!

Archived