The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Super Slo-Motion video clips from in-board cameras

darkpoet

This article was just posted a couple of hours ago but my apologies if this has been spoken about already.

If not, I think this is incredibly cool and wonder why we don't see regular highlights from these in board cams???

I didn't even know we had them!

Check out the quick hands by Lappy there off the faceoff. You can really appreciate the talent these guys have when things get slowed down (ironically)

check it out: http://www.sportsnet...<br /><br />

Youtube links in case article gets pulled:

That was a helluva shot. I won't soon forget Tims reaction after that blew by him... he was like... w, t, F ??? :towel:

Too bad that wasn't at home or we'd have likely seen that one cued up in slo-mo as well.

Anybody know anything about these cameras? JohnTallhouse you said this was already talked about.. I couldn't find anything, do you have a link?

Would like to know more about them, as I said, didn't even know they were there...

That was a helluva shot. I won't soon forget Tims reaction after that blew by him... he was like... w, t, F ??? :towel:

Too bad that wasn't at home or we'd have likely seen that one cued up in slo-mo as well.

Anybody know anything about these cameras? JohnTallhouse you said this was already talked about.. I couldn't find anything, do you have a link?

Would like to know more about them, as I said, didn't even know they were there...

^^^ It's not actually a slow-mo camera they are using. It's done in post production using a program called Twixtor. Pretty much what it does is render the video clip shot at 60 frames per second and creates a extra frame in between each frame to create smooth-ish slow motion. It's a very finicky program and you tend to get some ghosting around subjects in the frame that are moving at a high rate of speed or that have a lot of motion in a short period of time. You can see what I am talking about if you look at hansens stick in the video.

Anyways that's what it is in case anyone was curious.

^^^ It's not actually a slow-mo camera they are using. It's done in post production using a program called Twixtor. Pretty much what it does is render the video clip shot at 60 frames per second and creates a extra frame in between each frame to create smooth-ish slow motion. It's a very finicky program and you tend to get some ghosting around subjects in the frame that are moving at a high rate of speed or that have a lot of motion in a short period of time. You can see what I am talking about if you look at hansens stick in the video.

Anyways that's what it is in case anyone was curious.

Archived