Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I love you Sedins. 12.2M for both Sedins in this era is a blessing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#61 mephnick

mephnick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Uh, Joe Sakic stated multiple times that he'd never want to play in Vancouver.

So, no.

#62 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

you never would, they dont allow 12 year old latchkey kids on the team

i suggest your parents invest in some type of summer camp for you

Lmao, that's hillarious :lol: :lol: . What a funny and original joke :lol: :lol: you called someone a kid :lol: :lol: !! Go ahead and make stupid jokes, it just shows how immature you are, and that you don't have a reply to my original post.

Edited by PaulKariyaALH, 19 July 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#63 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Sweden has been very good to us. We should have Sweden night at Rogers Arena. Meatball stands, Sweden t-shirts, and burger king-esque King Henrik crowns.

Joking aside, the Swedes (for the most part) seem quite loyal to their respective teams, its quite commendable really.

Posted Image~Biznow

#64 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

They'll bounce back to 100+ each this year. I know it.

Care to make a 50 dollar bet on that statement? I don't think they will see that level again.

#65 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Because Weber, Suter and Parise are loaded with rings?!?

LOL +1

#66 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

with fans like that , we dont deserve a cup

same ones who boo'd luongo and asked for his head are calling schnieder a bust before he even plays

fact is this fan base , not just on cdc , all over are a bunch of whiny little douche bags who act like they deserve a cup , you should be locked up behind bars while we celebrate our cup whenever it comes

is one measly cup after 42 years too much to ask for. I think not,
Posted Image

#67 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Uh, Joe Sakic stated multiple times that he'd never want to play in Vancouver.

So, no.

....because he was smart enough not to come here and be the perennial whipping boy for the entire fanbase.

x_x_tumblr_miyglaKcds1s75lpdo1_500.gif

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#68 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

you get what you pay for......no cup

Uncalled for.. Blame Lou for that one
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#69 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

remember once upon a time when CDC was up in arms because naslund signed a 3 year 18 million dollar deal when he was in his prime? i wonder what both Nazzy and the Sedins would fetch now..... likely whatever the hell they want as far as dollars and term

#70 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just hope one year they can turn it up a notch in the playoffs...

#71 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

remember once upon a time when CDC was up in arms because naslund signed a 3 year 18 million dollar deal when he was in his prime? i wonder what both Nazzy and the Sedins would fetch now..... likely whatever the hell they want as far as dollars and term

er no.... too soft
Posted Image

#72 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

er no.... too soft

oh because parise is such a hard player lol

#73 LukaMui

LukaMui

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Paul Kariya is better than the Sedins combined. Kariya,Sakic, Niedermayer, Weber, etc all wanted to play in Vancouver but didn't have the balls to come here. Everybody wants to play in Vancouver, just look at all the stars we've signed over the last few years. I'd be embarassed to play for a team like the Canucks.

Sakic was never a UFA, he resigned with his own club before ever having the chance to go any where else.

Niedermayer we couldn't fit into our salary along with his brother which Scott wanted to do, play with his brother on the same team. Niedermayer was in Vancouver trying to get something sorted before signing with the Ducks

Weber, as stated by Gillman, we never even gave an offer sheeet. Learn your facts before throwing names out like you actually know something.

Kariya is the only one that refused to even talk to Vancouver when he was a UFA.

These are all facts and are all public knowledge, not your guessisms.

You obviously have access to the internet, trying using it for knowledge sometimes. Might help.

#74 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

They are a bargain only if those contracts had of been signed this year. In 2009 when they signed they had career high years of 84 points for Daniel and 82 for Henrik. Daniel did have a 36 goal season but Henrik's career high was only 22. None of their awards had come yet. $6.1 Million was extremely fair compensation at that time. Turned out to be a great deal because they have both flourished under this contract but it wasn't the big discount everyone is talking about at that time.

#75 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

There's no doubt whatsoever that Daniel is a better player than Parise.

Parise is one of the most overrated players in the league. The contract he signed was ridiculous, and minnesota will regret it. Not a chance Parise is worth that much.

#76 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

12.2 mil for soft diving chokers, wow amazing deal.

Why are duck fans on our forums?

#77 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Care to make a 50 dollar bet on that statement? I don't think they will see that level again.

Let's do it. You bet your ass I do.

You base your fact on the one year after they went through a dramatic cup finals loss oh and Daniel Sedin got injured? Yeah ok buddy.
I'll see you next year when they've hit 100 pts and get my money from yah

#78 stryker709

stryker709

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Paul Kariya is better than the Sedins combined. Kariya,Sakic, Niedermayer, Weber, etc all wanted to play in Vancouver but didn't have the balls to come here. Everybody wants to play in Vancouver, just look at all the stars we've signed over the last few years. I'd be embarassed to play for a team like the Canucks.

I used to think this too, but then I realized that Kariya never won a cup so he was obviously a useless hockey player...

#79 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Let's do it. You bet your ass I do.

You base your fact on the one year after they went through a dramatic cup finals loss oh and Daniel Sedin got injured? Yeah ok buddy.
I'll see you next year when they've hit 100 pts and get my money from yah

Sounds good my man, i just base this on age and the odds of declining look better than rising back up. Good luck :)

#80 That Commentator

That Commentator

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

is one measly cup after 42 years too much to ask for. I think not,

No, I wouldn't say it's "too much to ask for". But then again, it's not something you can just ask for and get. You know what else? The franchise may have been around for 42 years, but the current management sure hasn't. It's incredibly idiotic and childish to come on here and pick apart every single move or non-move (and you are assuming most of the non-moves to begin with), giving absolutely no slack for outside factors or even occasionally admitting that they might have sometimes made the best decision, even if it didn't turn out as they had hoped.

#81 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Sounds good my man, i just base this on age and the odds of declining look better than rising back up. Good luck :)

Looking forward to it:)

#82 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

It took a long time for the Sedins to grow on me, but now I'm very happy with them and their current contracts. I just wish they had that extra level of grit in the Playoffs. Aside from that, they're the most exciting Canucks to watch since Bure, and the most decorated Canucks of all time.

These are great years to be a Canuck.

#83 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

With all this money talk, about Weber, Suter, Parise, let me just say, I love the Sedins.
At 6.1m, seeing as they are top 5 in this league, and I personally would take D.Sedin over Parise as left wing any day.

I may be biased but fact remains, D.Sedin IMO is a better player and is AAV 6.1m vs Parise @ 12m.

We are basically getting both Sedins for the price of what Zach Parise is going for the next 3 years.

What sucks for other NHL players is how the rise in Cap means players who had longer terms are now getting crap money comparably. I mean Parise is getting Crosby money, he is worth that, no.

Either way, thank you Sedins, not only for your play on ice, for your community work and hard work throughout the year but for staying in Vancouver for almost 3+ Million less than what you would fetch on the market.

Love your best fan,
Sedinry

Ironic, considering people are blaming Gillis on not signing Weber to an 8 million/yr 15 year contract. He has done a really good job of creating depth by signing core players to cheap contracts and reasonable length (aside from Lu's contract). Even Luongo has a reasonable cap hit of $5.2mil/year.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#84 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

you get what you pay for......no cup

Where is Parise's and Suter's cup? The only cup they have is in their pants and that maybe the only cup they will ever touch signing with Minny of all teams.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#85 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Don't care if the Sedins scored at a 3 point a game pace, until they bring a Cup to Vancouver the money paid is still worthless.

We need the team to win a cup not just 2 players. How about we sign you and see if you can try to win a Stanley Cup all by yourself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#86 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

You probably can't even make a peewee team, never mind the Canucks team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

You probably can't even make a peewee team, never mind the Canucks team.

just to let you know there's a multi quote button so you can group all of those posts together in one :)

And also yeah the Sedisn contracts right now are looking amazing, I mean Matt Carle signed for 5.5 million right? Suter & Parise for 7.5 million per? What a joke. They could get traises there next contracts possibly but I could see them taking a bit of a paycut or reupping for the same price. Class guys
Posted Image

#88 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

The Sedins have more hardware than any of these big free agent signings and are legitimate superstars. I wouldn't call Parise a superstar, he's on the cusp but still just a good powerforward. Not to be mentioned in the same class as guys like Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby. Meanwhile the Sedins beat all 3 of them out to win Art Rosses, Ted Lindsays and Harts.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.