The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[THN Article] Jason Arnott's Value

Hid footspeed/Skating is something that worries me.

And everything that Elvis said is also a bit of a worry.

When I saw this thread, I wondered how long it would take someone to mention the 'rumour' from the 'insider(s)' about the $1.2M. I didn't have to wait very long. Without anyone else having reported it, I believe that as much as I do the moon is made of green cheese.

EDIT: I guess I should talk about the Arnott info. I don't see him getting $2.75M again, as I did feel he was sheltered through much of the season. I'd spoken about that in relation to his Corsi and zone start stats in the Arnott rumour thread:

His points dropped off in the second half, and more again in the playoffs, but he might have been used a little more defensively later on as his faceoff % actually improved. He definitely played less in the second half (about 4mins less per game) in an effort to keep him fresh, so that's a factor we'd have to consider.

Source: NHL.com

He could be useful as a 3rd/4th line center, perhaps also with PP time on the 2nd unit. Giving him more than 15 or so minutes a game probably won't be good for him as the season wears on, and we likely wouldn't use him against tougher competition.

If you consider that, and as a potential 3rd line with Hansen and Higgins who normally would face our tougher competition, it would be a bit of an adjustment to make him fit, but it could be a pretty decent one if we find a way to make it work.

Archived