The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL 13] Complete Team Overalls (Warning: Image Heavy)

n00bxQb

JohnTavares, you've said that people have 'no credibility' a few times. What are your credentials? Because the teams that put together these ratings consult CHL scouts, and past that, they're paid to watch and assess hockey. So, if you want to talk credentials, who are you to question them? How many Senators games did you see last year? How many games total? On what basis are you making your statements? Stop talking people down because their opinions are different than yours.

JohnTavares, you've said that people have 'no credibility' a few times. What are your credentials? Because the teams that put together these ratings consult CHL scouts, and past that, they're paid to watch and assess hockey. So, if you want to talk credentials, who are you to question them? How many Senators games did you see last year? How many games total? On what basis are you making your statements? Stop talking people down because their opinions are different than yours.

Well, then I guess I could say what you've said to a few people.

Son, you have no credibility, so enough with the smack talk. We get it. Don't buy the game. Erik Karlsson isn't an elite defender, and if you don't see that EA wants to leave him room to develop so he isn't an automatic 99 in the game in 2018, then I don't know what to tell you.

Stupid statement.

Take away Hamhuis' defensive game he would probably have trouble making the NHL. You see how dumb that sounds? Matt Carle is not better defensively, and significantly worse offensively. The Norris winner, you know, the best defenseman of the year award? Karlsson's offensive game is a rare talent and deserves to be at least 88 overall, if not more. Ratings are a joke and you just have to accept that.

JT, I agree with what you're saying, but EA ratings are weird.

For example, on EASHL, My favorite player is the PLY, with amazing offense, nearly 99 across the board, decent defense (no hitting whatsoever) and average athleticism.

I get about 83-84 overall with that build.

I go TWF, no where near good offensively, but strong defensive player and skater, and hes rated 87-88.

I'd use the PLY any day of the week.

Stats like off awareness, def awareness, strength, checking, are weighed more towards the overall (idk why)

As long as Karlsson has the best stats in the offensive category, then I'm happy with it. We'll only see that once we get the game.

And lol, Karlsson >>>>> Carle.

This makes the most sense to me and it's semi reasonable. Even then he just won the Norris with stunning offensive skills so I expected him to be at least a top 10 defenseman rated in the game. Odd how Adam Larsson did pretty much nothing this year but got 84 OVR while Karlsson had some amazing years and only hit 86.

I don't even wanna reply to the person who said Carle is a better defenseman than Karlsson... Get your head out of your ass.

No one said Carle was better. I'm just saying that, in the last minute, I would put Carle on the ice, and I absolutely would not ever under any circumstances trust a lead in Karlsson's hands. Offensively, obviously Karlsson's better, and for the long term, I would give up Matt Carle and a ton of picks to get Karlsson.

That doesn't make him an elite defender. He is not as good at stopping the puck from going into his net than Matt Carle. Fact.

Also: Erik Karlsson, 'elite' defender, -19 over his career. Twice a minus player, his lowest being -30. Amazing.

Matt Carle, marginal defender, has had two minus years in his career, and they were -8 and -2. The last one was 7 years ago. So, yeah, he's clearly terrible defensively and offensively, except for that Erik Karlsson is still a career -19 and Carle is +55. Hey, in fact, in 2011, when Karlsson was -30, Carle was +30. Literally night and day. No, but you're totally right, they didn't give Karlsson the Norris because he got a lot of points.

They gave it to him because he's an elite defender and you're totally right, JohnTavares. That's the only answer.

lol at watching half a dozen Senators games and calling yourself an expert on Karlsson's defensive capabilities. I've asked about JTs credibility, and his answer is 'other people gave him a trophy, so everyone else is obviously an idiot because they question Karlsson defensively'

lol at watching half a dozen Senators games and calling yourself an expert on Karlsson's defensive capabilities. I've asked about JTs credibility, and his answer is 'other people gave him a trophy, so everyone else is obviously an idiot because they question Karlsson defensively'

Ha, embarrassing is not even watching the games and saying that Karlsson is an incredible defender because there's no way they'd give him the Norris if that wasn't true.

Is Karlsson a better defender than Weber or Chara? No.

Ergo, the Norris was not awarded to the best defender, but to the most valuable player playing the defensive position.

Since Karlsson amounted for a fair amount of the Senators scoring, you could have made a claim that he was deserving of the Hart. Undeniably the most talented and important Senator.

But not an elite defender. You can say it until you're blue in the face. Karlsson isn't an elite defender. He is not as good at defending the puck as the people he beat for the Norris, and he is not better at defending the puck than most NHL defensemen.

Your evaluation that Karlsson won the Norris, ergo he is a good defenseman, is laughable, and until you make an actual counter-point instead of just going 'HAHA, U R SO STUPID', then you have no credibility. Tell me, with evidence, why Karlsson is a great defender. Not defenseman, that's the position he plays. Defender. How does Karlsson defend the puck so well that he should be considered a great defender. Use your words, don't tell me he has a Norris. I can read. I want your expert opinion. Here's your forum.

Go.

Archived