The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LFL thread

Capt.Awesome

Such a gong show, the referees let everything go, chicks were taking full shots and starting brawls after the whistles without any penalties. Trucker mouths on all of em, the mic'ed up ones were hilarious, guess they couldn't use NFL or CFL discipline, no one would watch it without the drama.

The funniest part was the NFL comparisons "looking like Mike Vick out there" LOL, the announcers sound like such pervs too.

• 4 weeks later...

I won tickets to last nights game through 99.3 and I gotta admit, it is entertaining. It really fast paces and they hit pretty hard. Jeff O'Neil from 99.3 was there in the party zone and I talked to him through much of the game on and off, really cool guy!

I don't see it lasting though, there was probably 400 people in the crowd... tops! Ticket prices are far too expensive. Top seats run $90 bucks with all the tax and service charges. Even in the party zone they are $40 bucks.

Interesting thing I learned from O'Neil, the players do not get paid any money to play. They are just doing it to get the sport noticed and future opportunities. He had a couple of them i studio a while back and mentioned how rude one of them was to him, she even insulted him. He was pretty pissed off about it considering he was just trying to promote the League.

I won tickets to last nights game through 99.3 and I gotta admit, it is entertaining. It really fast paces and they hit pretty hard. Jeff O'Neil from 99.3 was there in the party zone and I talked to him through much of the game on and off, really cool guy!

I don't see it lasting though, there was probably 400 people in the crowd... tops! Ticket prices are far too expensive. Top seats run $90 bucks with all the tax and service charges. Even in the party zone they are $40 bucks.

Interesting thing I learned from O'Neil, the players do not get paid any money to play. They are just doing it to get the sport noticed and future opportunities. He had a couple of them i studio a while back and mentioned how rude one of them was to him, she even insulted him. He was pretty pissed off about it considering he was just trying to promote the League.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this for the first time last night on that Chek channel, and I was actually surprised how decent it actually was. It was really good to see fit attractive girls in lingerie playing actual tackle football. I really did not think it was going to be as physical as these girls really are out there. I really thought it was going to be kinda boring after a while and just didn't think the girls would be hitting each other as hard as I saw, or tackling. Even when they are running with the ball they will go all out and try and run the other girl over, it's good. Did I mention they are good looking and in shape? lol who can play football, why hasn't this been going on longer. Seeing the ticket prices kinda especially with it being so new, it's not the greatest, they should have lower ticket prices just to get more people to come out first and would see it's actually pretty decent.

I do see they are having their first Lingerie Bowl here in BC at the Abbotsford Centre, Nov, 17th or 18th I don't think they really know yet, but one of those days.

I saw this for the first time last night on that Chek channel, and I was actually surprised how decent it actually was. It was really good to see fit attractive girls in lingerie playing actual tackle football. I really did not think it was going to be as physical as these girls really are out there. I really thought it was going to be kinda boring after a while and just didn't think the girls would be hitting each other as hard as I saw, or tackling. Even when they are running with the ball they will go all out and try and run the other girl over, it's good. Did I mention they are good looking and in shape? lol who can play football, why hasn't this been going on longer. Seeing the ticket prices kinda especially with it being so new, it's not the greatest, they should have lower ticket prices just to get more people to come out first and would see it's actually pretty decent.

I do see they are having their first Lingerie Bowl here in BC at the Abbotsford Centre, Nov, 17th or 18th I don't think they really know yet, but one of those days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived