The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Jersey's Ranked 17th among teams

Chris_Higgins20

At first, when our current jersey's were first released I hated the fact that they had the name Vancouver over the Orca, but now as the years have gone by it grew on me and I liked it. Personally, if they added a white line/stripe around the Home jersey's too outline the shoulders would be a brilliant touch, and for the Away, have it be blue. Personally, I prefer our Away jersey's much more than our home, because it has a little bit more detail with the blue lines, adding a spacing to the green and white.

I love the Orca, always have, it represents Vancouver perfect, because even in the Burrard Inlet, there have been reports of orca's and dolphins, so it makes sense, plus it's a Native symbol, added with it's own Canuck flair, to not completely copy the Native orca.

I feel if they were to remove the name Vancouver off of the Away jersey, it would look awesome, but if they were to remove it off of the Home, it would look to bland. And you can't remove one or the other, because that would be just weird.

Last, but not least, my only true concern is the name Canuck, sure it sounds cool and it even rolls of the tongue, but it means the exact same thing as the Canadiens, except for that the fact that Canadien means French-Canadian. However, if you do a little history "report" for your self you'll find that the name Canuck is actually the name in which the American settlers pronounced the Native American name for it which was something more complicated, obviously not meaning "Canadian" to insult them, and the other half of the reason was because they didn't know how to pronounce it them selves. So, the name Canuck is kind of an insult. But, once you're 40 years into a franchise, which it's not that long compared to the original-6, you can't really change the name.

my top 10

1.Chicago

2.Detroit

3.Philly

4.NYR

5.Edmonton

6.Colorado

7.New Jersey

8.Boston

9.Montreal

10.St. Louis

I love the new Vancouver jersey's with the orca and everything but im sorry it does not crack the top 10 for me...Pittsburgh at number 11 for me, i liked their old jersey's better, also Ducks old jersey (duck with goalie mask) would be top 10 for sure

The rankings are like that because the names on the back sell more than the logo on the front lol.

Who on the Canucks is liked so much worldwide that they would go buy their jerseys? Used to be Luongo but people kinda dislike him now..lol.

CBJ sells so much because of Rick Nash, and all of the original 6 teams are in there.

When I buy NBA jerseys, I don't care about the team but rather about who the player is. Same goes for any other sport.

Am I the only one here who thinks the Bruins and Canadiens' logos are hideous and boring? I don't give a crap if they were one of the first teams decades ago, I don't get why that should factor in if something is 'good'. I doubt most of us are old enough here to have nostalgia from watching the original 6 era anyway.

I would be proud to wear any Canucks Jersey, whether I liked it or not, simply because I am supportive of my team, and the fact that I have a few prized collector's jerseys that have been signed. As far as logos go though, I have always admired the Blackhawks logo. It has only had minimal alterations to it's features through the decades and only the sweater styling and colour enviroments have changed through the years. I really don't want to pick a top ten list. I am not a fashion maven nor do I wish to be, I am a sports fan. They could all wear white and gray uniforms with just the team name, player name and number on, as long as it shows grit, grime, rips, sweat, and blood.

Archived