The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BCIT applications

LeanBeef

Hello,

As some of you may know, BCIT applications start on October first, which is on Monday. I'm in my senior year so this is my first time applying for post secondary education so I am quite unfamiliar when it comes to application limits and such.

Anyone know how many programs can you apply to at BCIT? I have a couple in which I am interested in joining but I'm not sure if I'll get into every one of them.

So my question is; what is the maximum amount of programs you can apply for at BCIT

Thanks

Don't quote me on it, but I am pretty sure you can apply to all of them. Note though that each application has a $60 processing free associated with it. If you do get accepted into the program, your will need to reserve your seat eventually within a given time period otherwise you may be withdrawn from the program. There is a fee associated with reserving your seat as well (this fee goes towards your tuition though, so it isn't that big of a deal.) Depending on when you apply, the applications can take a while to process.

I would suggest you setup your PSI Selection forms (ask your school counselor about it if you aren't sure) so that BCIT has access to your official transcript electronically (so you don't have to send them via mail which is a hassle.)

If you are in high-school and your currently studying a course which is required for entry into your program, you can only be provicionally accepted into the program until the courses are completed. (That is normal for students applying straight out of HS, so no worries.)

During the application process, you'll be assigned an admissions officer that you can contact via phone or email and they can answer questions specific to your application.

If you have any questions I am free to answer them. I am a first-year BCIT student.

Don't quote me on it, but I am pretty sure you can apply to all of them. Note though that each application has a $60 processing free associated with it. If you do get accepted into the program, your will need to reserve your seat eventually within a given time period otherwise you may be withdrawn from the program. There is a fee associated with reserving your seat as well (this fee goes towards your tuition though, so it isn't that big of a deal.) Depending on when you apply, the applications can take a while to process.

I would suggest you setup your PSI Selection forms (ask your school counselor about it if you aren't sure) so that BCIT has access to your official transcript electronically (so you don't have to send them via mail which is a hassle.)

If you are in high-school and your currently studying a course which is required for entry into your program, you can only be provicionally accepted into the program until the courses are completed. (That is normal for students applying straight out of HS, so no worries.)

During the application process, you'll be assigned an admissions officer that you can contact via phone or email and they can answer questions specific to your application.

If you have any questions I am free to answer them. I am a first-year BCIT student.

Archived