#1 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hello,

As some of you may know, BCIT applications start on October first, which is on Monday. I'm in my senior year so this is my first time applying for post secondary education so I am quite unfamiliar when it comes to application limits and such.

Anyone know how many programs can you apply to at BCIT? I have a couple in which I am interested in joining but I'm not sure if I'll get into every one of them.

So my question is; what is the maximum amount of programs you can apply for at BCIT

Thanks
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#2 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Don't quote me on it, but I am pretty sure you can apply to all of them. Note though that each application has a $60 processing free associated with it. If you do get accepted into the program, your will need to reserve your seat eventually within a given time period otherwise you may be withdrawn from the program. There is a fee associated with reserving your seat as well (this fee goes towards your tuition though, so it isn't that big of a deal.) Depending on when you apply, the applications can take a while to process.

I would suggest you setup your PSI Selection forms (ask your school counselor about it if you aren't sure) so that BCIT has access to your official transcript electronically (so you don't have to send them via mail which is a hassle.)

If you are in high-school and your currently studying a course which is required for entry into your program, you can only be provicionally accepted into the program until the courses are completed. (That is normal for students applying straight out of HS, so no worries.)

During the application process, you'll be assigned an admissions officer that you can contact via phone or email and they can answer questions specific to your application.

If you have any questions I am free to answer them. I am a first-year BCIT student.

#3 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Don't quote me on it, but I am pretty sure you can apply to all of them. Note though that each application has a $60 processing free associated with it. If you do get accepted into the program, your will need to reserve your seat eventually within a given time period otherwise you may be withdrawn from the program. There is a fee associated with reserving your seat as well (this fee goes towards your tuition though, so it isn't that big of a deal.) Depending on when you apply, the applications can take a while to process.

I would suggest you setup your PSI Selection forms (ask your school counselor about it if you aren't sure) so that BCIT has access to your official transcript electronically (so you don't have to send them via mail which is a hassle.)

If you are in high-school and your currently studying a course which is required for entry into your program, you can only be provicionally accepted into the program until the courses are completed. (That is normal for students applying straight out of HS, so no worries.)

During the application process, you'll be assigned an admissions officer that you can contact via phone or email and they can answer questions specific to your application.

If you have any questions I am free to answer them. I am a first-year BCIT student.

What are the PSI forms all about? I haven't heard of them before.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#4 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Bump*

I tried applying for two programs but by the time I tried to apply for the second one it says it wouldn't go through because an active application has been found on your account. Anyone know if this is temporary?

Thanks
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#5 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

When I applied, they added me to a waitlist and said that I was not allowed to apply to another program.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#6 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

When I applied, they added me to a waitlist and said that I was not allowed to apply to another program.

Darn, is there anyway to cancel an application in case I change my mind?
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#7 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

I am not quite sure, actually. Email admissions and ask?

Elizabeth Taylor
Acting Adms Officer
604-432-8418
Elizabeth_Taylor@bcit.ca

Posted Image
Sig by .CM.

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I know, I think I made the wrong decision when choosing my program too lol. Hopefully I can change it.
Posted Image

#9 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Don't apply unless you are prepared to have completely no life for the 2 years you are there. I'm learning that the hard way right now...
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#10 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Don't apply unless you are prepared to have completely no life for the 2 years you are there. I'm learning that the hard way right now...

Haha, don't worry, I've heard
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#11 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

The Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Which program are you in?

#12 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just how bad is it? Lol
Posted Image

#13 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just how bad is it? Lol

It's like a full time job. My course load right now is 7 courses.

Posted Image
Sig by .CM.

#14 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Wow. Is there a lot of work when you get back home too?
Posted Image

#15 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Wow. Is there a lot of work when you get back home too?

Not yet. I asked for a reduced number of shifts at work so it hasn't piled up too badly.

Posted Image
Sig by .CM.

#16 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, the work load at BCIT seems absurd to me. How do y'all even remember all the material from 7 classes at once? I'd get confuzzled probably.
Posted Image

#17 Hume

Hume

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

i've got 8 courses, BCIT is ridiculous.
i've no idea what i am talking about! you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkin'.
(i'm trapped in this body and can't get out.) how come i end up where i started?.
REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE.

#18 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Which program are you in?

Business
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#19 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

It's like a full time job. My course load right now is 7 courses.

Just wait till you get out and get a full time job. Thats like a full time job too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.