The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Automotive Enthusiast Thread

Mr. White

I'm sure it'd be a fun little hot rod to drive, but there's just something that won't let me drive a 500, ever. To me its like an Italian Beetle and too small to be practical. In that type of market, I'd rather have a Polo/Golf or Fiesta.

Plus, as with all Fiats, you're probably going to get to know "Tony" more than you'd like

:lol: Fix it again tony,

Reliability and efficiency is last on my list.

Follow the BananaMash system. If you need a vehicle, buy a Jeep YJ Wrangler. They're like the lego of the car world, you can make any changes to them and they last forever.

Spend $4,000 to get a good YJ, and use the rest of your money on alcohol and skimpy women.

Bro, with a YJ and a decent lift kit you won't NEED to spend money on skimpy women.

White_1993_Mustang_GT_Hatchback_03.jpg

Pretty much my car. '93 Mustang hatchback.

Mines actually a 2.3L, but it has the 5.0 body pieces. It has the slotted rear lights too.

Doesn't have black rims either, but I do like the looks of it...

Well you probably should then.

I'm removing my body lift and replacing it with a new suspension lift this summer. Looks like I'm in for an exciting future! B)

Was actually considering a YJ for myself, how do you like yours? I'm especially concerned about reliability since I don't have much money for repairs (and I wanna spend the money on mods anyways hehe).

Also if you don't mind me asking how much of a lift you're running now and what suspension kit you're planning on getting? Could't you just leave both kits on?

Was actually considering a YJ for myself, how do you like yours? I'm especially concerned about reliability since I don't have much money for repairs (and I wanna spend the money on mods anyways hehe).

Also if you don't mind me asking how much of a lift you're running now and what suspension kit you're planning on getting? Could't you just leave both kits on?

I love it. I've got the Standard Transmission, if you look into it don't bother trying to find an automatic transmission. They have too many problems, and the standards are better build in general.

I've got a 1994, and it's got 365,000 KM on it now. It's still got the original engine which runs fine, original clutch and transmission.The clutch is starting to wear a bit, but that's minor. Even if I had to get a new engine, rebuilt YJ engines can be had for under a thousand.

As far as repairs go though, you can't get much cheaper than a Jeep. If you can't find the part you need at a junkyard, the parts brand new are always super cheap. The most expensive thing I've replaced is the brakes which weren't even that bad. Everything is easy to replace yourself, I've only ever been to the mechanic to get it checked when I first bought it.

I've got a 2.5" body lift on it right now, and I'll probably get a 2.5" suspension lift too. I need the clearance for my tires. I would leave the body lift it, but it's in bad shape. The previous owner broke it (it came with the lift) offroading, and one of the spacers fell through. I've got it fixed right now, but it's more of a temporary fix than a permanent solution.

I could leave both on, but the body lift is in bad shape and I don't want to lift it too much because that makes it that much easier to roll.

All the cars I've owned in the order I've owned them. None of these are mine just pics or appropriate make, model, year.

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

8065920001_large.jpg

1967 Dodge Dart

dodge-dart-1967b.jpg

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

img235.jpg

1974 Oldsmobile Omega

ericWood-1974-oldsmobile-omega.jpg

1970 Buick Skylark

buick-skylark-1970b.jpg

1991 GMS Sonoma Xtra-Cab

gmc1991sonoma.jpg

1987 Ford Bronco II

70638.1987.Ford.Bronco.II.jpg

1994 Ford Explorer XL

ford-explorer-3.jpg

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4

dodge-caliber-srt-4-02.jpg

2001 Isuzu Rodeo

01rodeo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another Electric for you all to bash:

2013 Tesla model S. Pure electric. The equivalent of 416 hp 443 lb-ft. 1/4 mile in 12.6 sec. 480 km range. Can be charged from a regular 120 volt wall outlet, 240 volt outlet or high amperage 240 volt speed charger.

This car is not a test bed. They have delivered over 5000 2013 models so far and expect to have 25000 by the end of the year. There is a 3 month waiting list to get one. About 70 have been delivered in Vancouver and there is now a Tesla service center on Commercial drive. it isnt a sales center, just where the cars for local buyers are prepped for delivery and for service

Prices range from $77k to $125k. Luxury, performance,cutting edge tech and zero emmisions.

2013-Tesla-Model-S_Sedan-Image-015-1680.jpg

Archived