Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

• Please log in to reply
2948 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to allow trades for renting players?

1. Yes. (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. No. (11 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1351 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Omg rated R is a cheat bannn him!
GO Canucks GO

#1352 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Since we all know what happened lets keep the thread clean. Trav and I will have a talk about the issue and we will go from there

#1353 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sinple and effective punishment:

Ottawa, go buy out the contracts you gave Green and Spezza, now. You carry those dead cap hits as your punishment, and you won't be eligible to sign them when UFA opens. Done. He doesn't get his players, and carrying 5m in dead cap for a few years is worse punishment than anything. And it's an easy fix, you do it, or you're out of the league. Then no one has to squabble about how much he paid them and how we could have offered less or anything.

#1354 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ottawa, go buy out the contracts you gave Green and Spezza, now. You carry those dead cap hits as your punishment, and you won't be eligible to sign them when UFA opens. Done. He doesn't get his players, and carrying 5m in dead cap for a few years is worse punishment than anything. And it's an easy fix, you do it, or you're out of the league. Then no one has to squabble about how much he paid them and how we could have offered less or anything.

^^^ This is a better solution ^^^

#1355 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

That's exactly what I proposed to Trav already. Good-eye Good-eye.

Edited by mpt, 21 November 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#1356 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

As I flip though contract screens to get the actual buyout amount, I noticed that Edmonton has a bunch of players unsigned and unqualified, can we get a shout that he's coming through here?

#1357 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I told him at the draft he has a lot of guys to Re-sign.

What about LA?

Edited by mpt, 21 November 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#1358 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

LAK has several important players to sign, Seabrook and Clowe being the tops.

FYI:

Green = 2m penalty for 6 years
Spezza = 2.333m penalty for 8 years

That actually borders on 'light', if I'm being completely honest.

Edited by coleman26, 21 November 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#1359 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

The Capitals would like to announce the re-signing of the following players

Rob Scuderi
Victor Rask
Martin Gernat
Greg Campbell
Stefan Noesen
Colin Smith

#1360 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

LAK has several important players to sign, Seabrook and Clowe being the tops.

FYI:

Green = 2m penalty for 6 years
Spezza = 2.333m penalty for 8 years

That actually borders on 'light', if I'm being completely honest.

I'm also suggesting he lose at least 1 if not 2 first round picks that should be given to the 2 CPU controlled teams

#1361 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

THIS!!!!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1362 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

If we're going with a removal of 1st round picks, I'd rather the picks be given to a team that doesn't have a 1st rounder in those years, and then have those teams put the absolute worst player they can find as their top choice, therefore actually burning the pick and making it worthless. That way we aren't needlessly arming anyone, in case that ends up being a 1st overall or something.

edit: Ottawa def doesn't have his 2017 1st, btw

Edited by coleman26, 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#1363 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I don't mean to argue, but I'm not sure if penalizing RR this badly or threatening to ban him is the best thing to do when we're already having a hard time filling up the remaining teams. Maybe if there were ppl lined up to join the league, but it seems like GM's are quite scarce. And If RR quits who is going to want to take over Ottawa with 5M worth of buyout cap?
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1364 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Don't penalize RR with picks. I wont be happy with that.. all for signing UNRESTRICTED free agents.

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image

#1365 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

If RR buys out those players he will still have $14M in cap to work with and a pretty competitive team.
I do not want RR to be booted or to quit, he is a solid and fun guy. He made a mistake, as we all have.
Colemans idea of having to buy them out is a great idea and is enough of a deterrent.
Lets just move on and forget about it.

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg

#1366 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

If we're going with a removal of 1st round picks, I'd rather the picks be given to a team that doesn't have a 1st rounder in those years, and then have those teams put the absolute worst player they can find as their top choice, therefore actually burning the pick and making it worthless. That way we aren't needlessly arming anyone, in case that ends up being a 1st overall or something.

edit: Ottawa def doesn't have his 2017 1st, btw

There's no possible way this could work with a draft priority list.

#1367 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, my position wasn't that picks should be included, only that if the decision was made to include picks, they should be burned and not given willy-nilly to CPU teams. I think the 4.333m x 6 years hit is a decent penalty, it basically means he'll have to build while being 1 year back on Cap Increases. It's a fine penalty, I'm on the 'let's do it and move on' train

#1368 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

As I flip though contract screens to get the actual buyout amount, I noticed that Edmonton has a bunch of players unsigned and unqualified, can we get a shout that he's coming through here?

He said he'll do it tonight after work.

#1369 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

There's no possible way this could work with a draft priority list.

I guarantee it. I could do it even if I had a first round pick. Just go grab someone from the last page and move them into your #1 slot. If you only have one 1st Round Pick, it'll default, and if I even had my own 1st and Ottawa's was worse, I could make it work.

#1370 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I like the random.org idea. It's kind of like a first time offence where RR just get a slap on the wrist. Like if you get caught speeding for the first time in your life you're not going to be sent to Guantanamo bay (unless you're brown and in Texas). And the only teams who can participate in the random draw must have enough cap for it. I don't know how much cap Green and Spezza have, but for me I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford them so I won't put myself in the draw. We might only see a hanful of teams who are both interested in either Spezza and Green and who can afford their salary.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1371 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

He asked what the penalty was and was told he'd be stripped of 5 of his best players. Why would we be lenient? Because he might quit? He asked what would happen if he broke the rules, then he broke them. Leniency shouldn't be on the table.

Edited by coleman26, 21 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#1372 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

This was MPTs response

Probably being booted, we haven't decided, if you aren't booted, then it will probably be taking your 5 best players and randomly giving them to other teams; either way you are screwed.

The moral of the story is, don't do it!

And he acknowledged it. I'm not more concerned about having every team filled than I am that the rules be equal for all.

#1373 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Dollar and a Dream and the BoG(mpt) will sort this out.(as if they need to deal with this)
Remember people it is a game.A VERY competitive game and we all want to win,but it is also supposed to be enjoyable for all participants.
I say leave it to the capable hands of our Commish and lets just carry on.
Once again if I could vouch for RR, in the dealings I have had with him he has been great to deal with and an asset to the league.

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg

#1374 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Im gonna break my silence because i dont want people arguing and hating on me... signing Spezza and Green was a Honest mistake. Why would i re-sign them knowing i would get banned or severely penalized? And it seems like some people here would rather punish for their enjoyment (you know who you are, and im not gonna call you out because i dont snoop to your levels) and some are being kind enough to help with the situation. Im not quiting unless i am told too and i hope it doesnt come to that. I love this league and many of the GM's. Im not gonna say anything else, and i have messaged the Commish and hope this incident gets resolved.

Posted Image

#1375 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I guarantee it. I could do it even if I had a first round pick. Just go grab someone from the last page and move them into your #1 slot. If you only have one 1st Round Pick, it'll default, and if I even had my own 1st and Ottawa's was worse, I could make it work.

Okay, no possible way was poor wording on my part, but it'll become a mess if one or more of those teams has multiple picks in the 1st round. Teams can get those 1st in a couple of different ways (trades, failing to match offer sheets).

Just as an example, let's say that Team X gets a 1st round pick and does poorly himself. Ottawa's pick ends up being 3rd overall and his ends up being 5th overall. Now, let's say Team X wins the lottery, making his 5th overall pick the 1st overall pick. Well, now he just wasted his 1st overall pick, which he earned, and ended up picking 4th overall instead. It doesn't seem very fair to me plus it's a gigantic headache to manage, IMO.

Your buyout idea is quick and easy and doesn't carry any additional stress, workload, etc. on any of the other GMs.

#1376 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Im gonna break my silence because i dont want people arguing and hating on me... signing Spezza and Green was a Honest mistake. Why would i re-sign them knowing i would get banned or severely penalized? And it seems like some people here would rather punish for their enjoyment (you know who you are, and im not gonna call you out because i dont snoop to your levels) and some are being kind enough to help with the situation. Im not quiting unless i am told too and i hope it doesnt come to that. I love this league and many of the GM's. Im not gonna say anything else, and i have messaged the Commish and hope this incident gets resolved.

Here's the thing: If you create rules and GMs break them, mistake or not, they need to be held accountable. If D&D lets you off scot-free, the next time someone breaks the rules and actually does get punished, it begs for someone to start throwing out accusations of bias.

The same rules and penalties need to apply to all.

#1377 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Here's the thing: If you create rules and GMs break them, mistake or not, they need to be held accountable. If D&D lets you off scot-free, the next time someone breaks the rules and actually does get punished, it begs for someone to start throwing out accusations of bias.

The same rules and penalties need to apply to all.

As far as punishment goes i think i should get one (mistake or not like you said) but keep it reasonable. If it comes down to me buying out Spezza and Green and having 5 mil in dead cap space for 6 years and an additional 2 @ 2.333 seems more than fair for and some people it borders "light". How would you like having that much cap gone for a simple mistake. On top of that some are saying i have to give up 1-2 1sts to teams that are low in rankings. Why not just give Spezza and Green to them instead of making good teams better? I'm starting to see why many people go idle or dont join this league there is defiantly some big ego's and abuse of power.

EDIT: Im not pointing any fingers at anyone, i just wanted to voice my last opinion. After this gets resolved (if im still here) i will not be posting here so any trade proposals will have to be done in game.

Edited by RatedR, 21 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

#1378 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

As far as punishment goes i think i should get one (mistake or not like you said) but keep it reasonable. If it comes down to me buying out Spezza and Green and having 5 mil in dead cap space for 6 years and an additional 2 @ 2.333 seems more than fair for and some people it borders "light". How would you like having that much cap gone for a simple mistake. On top of that some are saying i have to give up 1-2 1sts to teams that are low in rankings. Why not just give Spezza and Green to them instead of making good teams better? I'm starting to see why many people go idle or dont join this league there is defiantly some big ego's and abuse of power.

EDIT: Im not pointing any fingers at anyone, i just wanted to voice my last opinion. After this gets resovled (if im still here) i will not be posting here so any trade proposals will have to be done in game.

My personal opinion is that the buyouts are enough (not to mention incredibly easy to implement and enforce), but we'll see what D&D and mpt have to say on the matter since it's their call.

#1379 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ottawa is great for this league. He won't be banned or kicked. There will be a punishment though.

I can't see how this was an honest mistake. There's no way you forgot the rule either as a few days ago when we asked about changing it, you commented on nothing should be changed so you could attempt to re-sign them again.

On the other hand running over a pedestrian in your car could be an honest mistake but there are still consequences for your actions. Obviously this isn't nearly as serious but discipline has to be made.

#1380 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

We still encourage you to use the forum, people make mistakes we are human after all. It's how we deal with them that make us a professional.

We still respect you and like you. We want you a part of this league and we want you to remain active. With actions come consequences; take the consequences from your actions and lets move on. Not everything needs to be a big deal.

Edited by mpt, 21 November 2012 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.