The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel takes out top Hamas commander after missiles launched from Gaza

Special Ed

I don't know what you mean by "the other". Are you somehow talking about my use of the pronoun "they" when talking about Hamas? I can never keep my pronouns straight... governments are made up of people you know.

As it happens, I find everything about a situation where (a) a government tv program teaches children from infancy to hate everything Israeli and Jewish ( B) young children decide they want to martyr themselves to kill Israelis and © the tv hosts praises them for it kind of deranged. Don't you? Or do you find that to be a healthy series of events.

As it happens, I find everything about a situation where (a) a government tv program teaches children from infancy to hate everything Israeli and Jewish ( B) young children decide they want to martyr themselves to kill Israelis and © the tv hosts praises them for it kind of deranged. Don't you? Or do you find that to be a healthy series of events.

I don't know what you mean by "the other". Are you somehow talking about my use of the pronoun "they" when talking about Hamas? I can never keep my pronouns straight... governments are made up of people you know.

So now I'm the straw man who hates Jews and wants to see children martyr themselves...??

The they comment you made was reflective of the psychological notion of the 'other', that in which one paints as pure evil while ignoring their own insecurities. See Hegel, Schelling or even Nietzsche.

Notice once again, the individual you have decided to corner into a shouting match is not in fact arguing.

I am taking issue with you de-constructing this thread into an attack on Palestinians, while using members here as targets for these apparent rants. You went after Ratio, for no conceivable reason other than he was here posting articles which didn't necessarily reflect your limited scope of the issue. Instead of opening discussion, you have since reduced your posting to that of propaganda videos, and making Palestinians out to be an Orwellian society bent solely on destruction.

It's not my thread to lecture you in, but I along with others are getting sick of this 'lets attack this poster for inserting articles that don't reflect my opinion'. Feel free to attack the source of the article, don't attack the poster.

I am taking issue with you de-constructing this thread into an attack on Palestinians, while using members here as targets for these apparent rants. You went after Ratio, for no conceivable reason other than he was here posting articles which didn't necessarily reflect your limited scope of the issue. Instead of opening discussion, you have since reduced your posting to that of propaganda videos, and making Palestinians out to be an Orwellian society bent solely on destruction.

It's not my thread to lecture you in, but I along with others are getting sick of this 'lets attack this poster for inserting articles that don't reflect my opinion'. Feel free to attack the source of the article, don't attack the poster.

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Palestinians.

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Israelis.

Whats the difference?

You have also accused him of doing exactly what you just did in your post above.

Doesnt jive with you? He has a limited scope of understanding.

Doesnt jive with you? He posts propaganda.

And this is precisely why these threads go around in circles.

Pick a side a defend it vigorously....

Interestingly you're doing with me exactly what you accuse me of doing with Ratio. Apparently it's not ok for me to go after him for his one sided posts, but its ok for you to go after me for deriding hamas?

I think those children's show clips are a lot more relevant to the current situation than the article ratio posted repeatedly regarding war crimes 64 years ago.

Ok, I honestly don't see how you could misconstrue any of what I've said as being unfair or a personal attack. I am simply asking Coda, as well as some other posters on here to correct the direction of their posts into less of a pissing match and more of an informed discussion. Posting propaganda videos does not accomplish this end. But alas it seems things have devolved further than I thought as this thread has equated to taking a side on the issue, and not discussing the current events or potential outcome. I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective.

EDIT: Oh and just to make sure you understand I'm firmly down the middle, and not some sort of villain because I haven't taken out the Israel pom poms, I feel I should repost this:

I think the discussion is informed in as much as information is being shared. Whether one person is more informed than another depends on that persons view and remains to be seen.

- "I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective."

One of this problems is that its much bigger than one side vs another. In fact their are multiple sides.

Palestinians fire rockets etc into Israel because they are treated like crap and they have no options.

Israel treats `em like crap because they are loath to give an inch lest a yard is taken as they are all too aware is a possibility given the recent history with surrounding countries.

Archived